Wednesday Weekend Wind-Up: Hops & Vines

I've been feeling rull busy lately just trying to keep up with things. We actually went out to a few new places over the weekend, so it was nice to change things up. We've been testing a couple of cameras (Sony a5100 and Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II), so that definitely helped push us to get out and shoot more video than we might have otherwise.

We were both rather full after separate large lunches on Friday, so we thought stopping down the road at Marty's Hops & Vines made the most sense. This was because we thought their menu only featured smaller items, but it turns out they actually had a sizable variety to choose from. They have a cocktail menu, but the emphasis here is definitely on the beer and wine (hence, the restaurant name). My Martyrita was great, and Francisco's Marty's Mule was definitely strong on the ginger beer.  Francisco had the Brink Beer Cheese, which is house-made with beer from College Hill's Brink Brewing Co. I had the Avocado and Roasted Corn Tartine. I would say that neither of us were overly wowed by these dishes, but given the proximity to our home, I would return and try other menu items.
Marty's Hops & Vines
After much debate about where to eat on Saturday, we ended up heading to OTR for our second time dining at Che. We had been here once before for a weekday lunch, so we thought we knew what to expect [i.e. empanadas]. However, they either had a more limited menu when we were there or they've since expanded their offerings.  We definitely had no idea they served brunch, so we were in for a treat. I started with a drink, and I think Francisco looks super handsome trying the Che Caprihinia below. :)
I ordered the Adios Resaca Vegetariana, two spinach empanadas over potato hash and Boursin cream sauce. OMG, so good.  Francisco had La Gringa, which was fairly basic eggs benedict.  Still really tasty though!  
We also swung by Buzzed Bull Creamery, which I've been wanting to try for a while. While I generally don't like mixing booze with dairy, I was in it for the novelty factor.  Unfortunately, the memory card of the camera I was testing filled up, so I didn't get to take as many pics as I had planned.  We shared a small Banana Split and were satisfied overall.
I would love to try their flights though - how freaking good does this sound (below)? For some reason, I wasn't able to convince Francisco to try this with me [I think he strongly disliked the idea of me ever having Fireball again lol.]
Life// Unknown is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Comments

Popular Posts