Chicagoland Pizza: Langel's Pizza

Langel's Pizzeria was founded in 1979 by Rodney Langel, and he eventually opened the location we visited in his hometown of downtown Highland. In 1994, Rodney's Grill and Sports Bar was added on along with additional space.  They are still a family-owned and -operated business. I believe they also have locations in Schererville and Crown Point.  

We ordered a small 10" pizza ($11.75) with mushrooms (+$1.55 per topping), so $13.30 total. Overall, it had good flavor and a healthy amount of cheese.  The crust was fairly thin but not crackery. I thought the mushrooms were good, but my husband thought they might be canned. In total, there were 8 decent-sized pieces of pizza.  

We also got the The Triple Play Appetizer Platter ($11.50) because I love an appetizer platter with all vegetarian options!  This hefty platter features Mozzarella Sticks, Zucchini, and Cauliflower. The best part is it comes with a side of BOTH ranch AND marinara. I believe you could also select from other sauce options as well. The Mozzarella Sticks had good flavor and paired well with the marinara sauce. The Zucchini went perfectly with the ranch. Some of the Cauliflower pieces were a bit larger than ideal, but that would be my only comment.  I really loved that it came with two sauces!
Verdict: Overall, I enjoyed everything we tried at Langel's. I would give it a 4. My husband would grade them as a B+. 

My Rating System:
1-Disliked it
2-Kind of wish I hadn't tried it
3-It was okay
4-Enjoyed it
5-Really enjoyed it

Comments

Popular Posts