Wednesday Weekend Wind-Up: Blink

Blink and suddenly it's autumn.  We finally decorated for the season this weekend, and the temperatures are finally starting to feel a bit more like fall.
It was still 80 degrees on Saturday though, so it was a warm night to head out to Blink Cincinnati. We only recently got back from being out of town, but this was a can't miss event for me.  From 10/12/17 - 10/15/17, Cincinnati transformed to be one of the "largest light, art and projection mapping events in the nation." It spanned 20 city blocks, from the Banks to Findlay Market, and it featured murals, light shows, and interactive art. It was crowded, but I expected that. You could definitely feel the energy of the crowd as we made our way through the streets of Cincy. 
The light show on this house was definitely one of my faves.
Cincinnati Music Hall
The mural in the middle below was my other favorite sight of the night. You'll see why in a video I plan to post on my YouTube channel.
There was even a disco ball if you wanted to get your groove on.
Overall, I think this event was a ton of fun. It was completely FREE, and I'm hoping this will return next year.  We did not walk through the entire thing, mostly because we were tired and still feeling some jet lag.  I saw recommendations to take the streetcar to save you from walking the entire distance, but that thing was PACKED. We showed up hungry around a half hour before the light shows would begin, which was a mistake. Francisco didn't believe me when I told him it was going to be really crowded, and we should park out of the way and get there as early as possible. We waited in line for Gomez Salsa, but when we found out that there was a 45-minute wait for orders to be ready, we just ordered some chips and guac.

Tip for next year: eat before coming or be prepared to wait. I heard there were food trucks, but I never actually saw any. There were a few food tents, but they had long lines as well and food options were limited. I'm hoping they'll have more food options next year.  

Comments

Popular Posts