From Boston to Cincinnati| Maritimes, Day 9

9/12/19 - Thursday

After our final hotel buffet breakfast, we were ready to start the journey home.
We found out that our Spirit Airlines flight was delayed again, which left us plenty of time to use our last set of United Club passes at the lounge.
We lucked out in that we made it for the tail-end of breakfast but also got to indulge in the lunch spread. Plus, I had two vodka cranberries for good measure. 
I had plenty of time to get caught up on Instagram while we waited.
As I was returning from the buffet with yet another lunch plate, I saw that Francisco was eagerly waving me over. He had just found out that our flight time had been moved back up to fairly close to our original time.  I gulped down my food, and we headed over to our gate, only to hear over the intercom that they were closing the gate, so we had to run through the airport to make it in time.
Back in Chicago, we were ready to be picked up by my parents much faster than normal. Traveling with only backpacks made a huge difference, although my liquids baggie grew significantly as the trip went on lol. 
To get through Chicago traffic quicker, we took the toll roads, which probably added up to around $10.00 or 1/5 of the cost of a flight to Boston, our new cost metric. 🤣 

We weren't able to linger long, since we still had 4 hours on the road to Ohio. We scooped up our kitties who seemed happy to see us. We made one stop for Dairy Queen and Burger King in Lafayette. Wearily, we finally made it home, and we both reported for work in the AM. 

Comments

Popular Posts