Neutrogena Acne Proofing Daily Scrub & Gel Cleanser

Product: Recently I had the pleasure of partnering with @Neutrogena® to try both the Acne Proofing™ Daily Scrub as well as Acne Proofing™ Gel Cleanser. Both of these products "combine gentle Neutrogena cleansing innovation with the powerful acne-fighting ingredient salicylic acid to deliver the ultimate complexion perfecting solutions. Acne Proofing™ products clear breakouts, plus help preserve skin’s natural barrier so it can finally become more acne proof."
The Gel Cleanser contains maximum strength salicylic acid acne treatment to clear breakouts and help defend against new ones. The Daily Scrub contains smoothing exfoliators and maximum strength salicylic acid acne treatment to help clear and prevent breakouts. Both products retail for $8.49.
Use: For one week straight, I used the Acne Proofing™ Gel Cleanser and then the next week, I switched to the Daily Scrub. I wash my face both in the AM after waking up and working out and at the end of the day after removing my make-up.  As Neutrogena states, "choosing the right cleanser that respects the fragile skin barrier can help to protect against future breakouts." Breaking the breakout cycle brings out our inner superheros, letting our confidence shine through and giving us the power to get through the day face first.
The gel cleanser dispenses as a clear gel. Don't be fooled by the color of the teal-tinted bottle like I was lol. One pump of the product produces more than sufficient lather. The daily scrub is a clear gel with small white and orange exfoliators suspended in liquid. I would say it provides very, very gentle exfoliation. Both products have a pleasant, clean fragrance that I might liken to a "mountain fresh" body wash. The fragrance strikes me as very gender neutral.

Verdict: Having clear skin is an ongoing goal of mine. I've always been a fan of the Neutrogena brand, and I plan to continue to use these products going forward. After a couple weeks of use, I would say that my skin is definitely still not perfect, but I found these products gentle and non-irritating.

Powered by Brandbacker. #AcneProofing @Neutrogena

Comments

Popular Posts