Wednesday Weekend Wind-Up: I Went Shopping

When in doubt, when we want to go out for dinner on a Friday, but we're not exactly sure where, it's usually a safe bet that we will end up with Mexican food. We have our trusty favorites, but heaven knows I crave trying new things, so we decided to give Los Potrillos on Ludlow a try. I drive by them virtually every day on the way to/from work. I think their lack of a parking lot has always been one factor that made us hesitate stopping there; it's a bit of hunt to find parking in the neighborhoods surrounding the strip of shops on Ludlow. Inside, it's actually pretty sizable - and so are their margaritas. $7.99 for lime margaritas that day!  I just had a cheese and mushroom quesadilla, and Francisco had potato enchiladas.  The food wasn't overly remarkable, but it hit that lower-tier of acceptable baseline Mexican restaurant food. 
Los Potrillos
I love our lazy weekend morning routine, but I also love going out to coffee shops, so occasionally, we have to force ourselves to get up and get moving. Look for a full review of Urbana Café coming soon.
Urbana Cafe
We'd actually intended to go to Brown Bear Bakery but had learned that they didn't open until 10 AM. We were able to kill enough time in the area to wait for their opening. I've been stalking them on Instagram for a while, and their baked goods have always looked so delicious. 
Brown Bear Bakery
We ended up with this goat cheese strawberry scone, a lemon bar, and a piece of coffee cake (not pictured). 
And then something crazy happened. I went clothes shopping for the first time all year. OK, I actually purchased some bralettes from American Eagle last week as well. But to be fair, those were purchased with gift cards - and they still haven't arrived in the mail yet. I felt like I had an actual need for some summer shirts, but wouldn't you know I left the store with more long-sleeve shirts than short sleeves?! I figured I could use some comfy long-sleeve shirts that would be good to wear with leggings while traveling [read: will cover my butt lol]. We only went to Macy's because I'd heard they had this new Macy's Backstage store that was supposed to have good deals; it was just a separate section within a regular Macy's.  I probably bought about half a dozen things for around $70, but I already plan on returning one at the very least. I honestly found better deals in the regular Clearance section than the Backstage section. 
And because giant margaritas are all the rage in my life, I got this big guy from Cheddar's. This was freaking delicious, but, let's be real, kids, it just tasted like a super-sweet, creamy seven-dollar smoothie. Cheddar's drinks are actually really reasonably priced, but my guess is that's because they skimp on the alcohol. 
Back at home, I unboxed my Summer FabFitFun box, which was my first official birthday gift to myself. :)  Happy birthday month to me lol! Also, click through this link to save $15 off of your first box.  

Comments

Popular Posts