May 2018 Disposables

MAKE-UP PRODUCTS 
AKA 
When you're so excited for the Sephora Annual Sale but then you end up returning all the things
1. This may have been more user error than anything. I picked the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout™ Full-Coverage Concealer in the color 'light', thinking that 'fair' looked too light for me.  I should know by now that I am Pale, and it's probably safest to go with the fairest option. This left a slight orange tinge where I applied it and made my skin look more uneven - the last thing you want when you're attempting to conceal a breakout! 
2. I was pretty conflicted on the Too Faced Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer for a while. It was fairly good at mattifying, and a little went a pretty long way. However, using it reminded me that while oiliness is a skin issue of mine, pore size is my top concern; in some ways, this seemed to emphasize my pores a little bit. And also, my skin has strangely been a little more on the dry side lately. I would definitely recommend if you have oily skin though.
3. I've tried the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup before, and I was fairly confident that I liked it enough to try again. I knew that I needed a lighter shade than what I'd tried previously, so I got Ivory Nude 1N1. I almost want something just a hint darker. My primary concern was how dry it feels and how it ends up looking on my skin. I just don't feel that it wears well, and it ended up looking unflattering.
4. Similarly, I'd tried a sample of the Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation and thought I'd try this in the color Neutral. This foundation ended up settling into my pores, and I decided fairly early on that it was definitely being returned.
FACE PRODUCTS
1. I received the Valentia Clear Life Revitalizing Serum as part of a Brandbacker campaign.
2. The Dior Hydra Life Glow Better Fresh Jelly Mask smelled so nice. My skin felt so smooth and slightly tingly after use.
3-5. I got a bunch of Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Glow Moisturizer samples with a Sephora order.
6. The 7th Heaven Black Seaweed Peel-Off Face Mask seemed good for decongesting clogged pores. It was more clear than black and smelled a bit like wet dog.
7. Olay Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream
8. The GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment came in my November 2016 Sephora Play box.
9. Olay was hard-core promoting their Regenerist Whip Face Moisturizer for a while, so I think I've ended up with a couple of samples of this. I've always been a fan of their products - they're reasonably effective without breaking the bank.
10. I didn't really like using the Bare Republic Mineral Face Sunscreen Lotion on my face, so I ended up finishing the rest off as a hand sunscreen.
11. Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oxygenating Gel Cream
12. This facial cream came in my September 2016 Sephora Play box.
13. The only time I've ever tried the coveted Drunk Elephant brand was when it showed up in my October 2016 Sephora Play box.
BODY, HAND, & FRAGRANCE
1. Francisco had selected the Marshmallow Magic Body Cream for me when he stopped at B&BW last winter.
2. I didn't realize that the Degree Women Antiperspirant Deodorant Dry Spray in Sheer Powder would have such an impact on me, but it may have made me a deodorant spray convert. I found this to be much more effective than the standard deodorant stick I would normally pick up.
3. This milky moisturizer came in my August 2016 GLOSSYBOX.
4. This was a bath product from Lush that Francisco had gotten me for a Christmas present years ago - it seems to have expired.
5. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy fragrance sample
6. Hand moisturizer from my October 2013 Sample Society box.
HAIR
1&5. My brother had actually gifted me this TIGI Bed Head Urban Anti-dote Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner duo. I found them pretty effective, and bottles of this size last a long time!
2. I picked up this Yves Rocher Nutri-Silky Mask while we were in France last year, and this is one of the worst deep conditioners I've ever used. My hair did not feel nourished at all. This came in a gift set with a shampoo and conditioner as well, and I didn't like any of those products. I will see if my husband wants to finish those up, or I will likely just end up using as shaving creams.
3. I originally received the Alterna Bamboo Hair Spray in my February 2014 Sample Society box
4. The Bumble and Bumble hair styler came in the June 2016 Sephora box.   

FINAL RESULTS: 28 

Comments

Popular Posts