September/October 2018 Disposables

When I travel over a good portion of the month - especially when it covers the tail-end of that month, I usually end up combining two months of empties into a single post.
FACE PRODUCTS
1. I received the Sephora Collection Purifying & Mattifying Mud Mask as a sample somewhere along the way. It was okay, but I'm really not the hugest fan of the Sephora-branded products.  Love Sephora - just not their personal line of products.
2. This Simple Facial Moisturizer has been in my travel bag for a while, so I was happy to finally get it used up on my last trip.
3. The Vichy Pore Purifying Clay Face Mask came in the Ulta Beauty Try Me Must Have Masks Collection.
4. This was a little scrubber that accompanied the dermalogica precleanse balm. I brought it along with me for vacation for a little extra oomph when washing up, but it ended up smelling pretty mildewy by the end of the trip. Probably because it stayed pretty wet in the plastic bag I stored it in.
5.  Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant from the Ultra Love Your Skin collection.
6. This sample of the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado worked well as a daytime eye treatment.
7. I first sampled the Ole Henriksen Mask in the Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland box. It smells deliciously citrusy, but it's not as exfoliating as it appears. I thought it was a more straightforward exfoliator, but you actually wear it as a mask for 5-10 minutes before removing.
8. This moisturizer came in the May 2015 Birchbox.
9. The First Aid Beauty cleanser came in the July 2016 Sephora box.
10. I got the Ulta Cleanse & Hydrate Try Me Skin Care Sampler back in January and purposefully set aside these Makeup Remover Facial Towelettes for travel. There were only 5 towelettes in this package, so I ended up ripping some of them into smaller pieces to make this package last longer. Next time I would just bring more!
BODY PRODUCTS
1. This Marianella body scrub came in the Summer 2018 FabFitFun box.
2. Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion
3. We stayed in several Protea by Marriott hotels while we were in Africa, and they all featured these eartherapy body products.
4. B&BW Champagne Toast Sparkling Bellini Body Lotion
HAIR PRODUCTS
1. I received the Foxbrim Argan Oil in 2014 as part of a Tomoson campaign.  I essentially finished it up by using it as a hair mask on the weekends. I saturated my hair with the oil on Sunday mornings before washing it out later.
2&3. The Verb Shampoo and Conditioner really didn't make much of an impact on me.
4&5. I was actually a fan of the Garnier Whole Blends Shampoo & Conditioner. I would consider purchasing once I've worked my way through more of my stash.
6&7. However, I was very much not a fan of the Rahua shampoo and conditioner. These seemed to leave a residue in my hair.
8. I had scooped up this Be different conditioner in Iceland last year. I'm still using up the shampoo, but I didn't find this nourishing.
9. Yet another lackluster conditioner - the Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Multiplying Volume Conditioner.
10. I'm trying to get better about taking care of my hair, but I didn't love the Ouai Treatment Masque sample I tried. It smells great, but it's no miracle worker.
HAND PRODUCTS
1. Yves Rocher hand lotion from my Paris trip last year.
2&3. Meijer hand sanitizers.
4. The Ahava Hand Cream came in the Amazon Luxury Beauty Sample Box I bought in 2016.
NAIL PRODUCTS
1. This bottle of Maybelline Color Show Shredded had completely dried up.  I've found the formula for the "shattered" polishes to be notorious for this.
2&5. I remember buying these two bottles of Sally Hansen nail polish specifically to paint my nails green for St. Patrick's Day something like 6 years ago. Green is definitely one of my least favorite colors, especially for nail polish.
3. The Julep Chelsea nail polish was too goopy to work with.
4. I was never a fan of this ColorClub nail polish that came in the August 2013 Birchbox.
MAKE-UP PRODUCTS
1. I tried this sample of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin shortly before leaving on vacation as I thought it might work well to sub in for eye shadow altogether since it has a subtle pale nude shimmer to it. The original formula is my HG primer, but I liked this variation as well.
2. Lip balm from work.
3. I basically only use highlighter on my inner eye corners and not as actual highlighter. I wouldn't repurchase the Benefit High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter either way.  It would sometimes separate a little bit after applying on my eyelid. 
4. The Urban Decay Velvetizer is my HG face powder. You can mix it in with your foundation, but I haven't really tried this extensively. I use it as a finishing powder, and I have found it to be the best powder at providing that finishing touch without being too drying. I've already repurchased.
5. Benefit's POREfessional Face Primer is okay, but I'm partial to the Dr. Brandt primer.
6. I've already repurchased the original Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
7. A lot of HG products in this round-up! Well, sort of. I actually returned the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation because I got it in a different shade that turned out to be slightly too dark. But looking at this box...well, I think that's my correct shade [110 C], and I just repackaged it in the incorrect box. It was the shade 140 N that I returned for being too dark.
FRAGRANCE
1-5. I had these fragrance samples for a product survey that didn't end up happening. When I pulled them out, they had all dried up.
6. My mother-in-law had gotten this Marc Jacobs Dot perfume for me as a gift. I loved the fragrance and am sad to see it empty.
7. Sample of Coach Poppy.
8. Tocca was a common sample brand that would pop up in subscription boxes, but I don't remember if this was the one from the June '16 Sephora box or the July '16 Birchbox

FINAL RESULTS: 48 Or ~24 per month. And I also returned the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pore Poreless Finish Airbrush Powder. It was a bit too drying and not anywhere near as flattering as my HG powder.

Comments

Popular Posts