I Met Someone on Bumble|| My First Time Using BumbleBFF

In August 2017, I posted about my success in making an online friend. At the time, I'd had an enjoyable experience with Paul, but I never saw him again! He was a pilot who lives in Texas, but his route had been taking him to Cincinnati regularly. We texted a few times, and there was a time over the winter where we were close to getting together but there was a good deal of snowing coming in, so it never happened.

In any case, a friend that lives in Texas was just not ideal for me. My plan all along had been to draft a "Drinking Buddy Wanted" post on Craigslist. By the time I got around to that, it was no longer an option. It turns out that Craigslist had discontinued its "personals" section after Congress sent a bill to curtail sex trafficking

This year, I decided to sign up for Bumble BFF.
I then realized I had a real shortage of selfies that didn't have either a Snapchat filter, a husband, or sunglasses, but I managed to narrow down a few, mostly recent options.
I tried to be pretty clear about what I'm looking for initially. This is it in a nutshell:
Indeed, Saturday afternoon cocktails is exactly where my BumbleBFF adventure began.

I started chatting with a few people initially, but I found that I had the strongest connection with Jordan. Dude, when I found out she was a vegetarian, too, I was completely stoked.
We exchanged numbers, and made a date for last weekend to meet at Condado Tacos. I finally had that margarita trio I'd been eyeing last time. Along with a couple of delicious tacos.
Jordan and I just chatted and got to know each other. And I say that so easy breezy, but please remember that I am a severe introvert. So, I still felt very awkward but pushed myself to overcome. #thankyoumargaritas

We walked next door to The Stretch.  They have craft cocktails on tap, but the Citrus Sun I had just didn't seem to be worth $10. Jordan had to head home around 4:00, and we'd met up at 1:00, so we had a nice 3-hour first date!
Here's to more Saturday afternoon friend dates!  

Comments

Popular Posts