Prolific| Earning Money from Online Surveys

I've been taking online surveys for as long as I can remember. To help track my earnings and cash-outs, I started a spreadsheet in 2007 where I logged my available balance each month for each site. While spending your time taking online surveys won't make you rich, they are a handy way to pad your budget and pick up some spare cash. Plus, they occasionally come with the benefits of hearing about new products before they are released to market - and even getting to try them sometimes!

I will highlight a website below that I've had success in using in the past, along with some details about my experience. Keep in mind that your experience may vary based on demographic data, location, survey availability, etc. 

EXPERIENCE

I only just signed up for Prolific in May 2020, so I have limited experience with this site. I believe I saw it mentioned in a Reddit forum.  Prolific has limited study options. I've received some emails about available studies, but I've also bookmarked the site, so I can be sure to check it regularly. It seems like studies come and go throughout the day, and you'll need to act quickly to reserve your place. 

After completing a survey, I generally receive an email like this.

EARNINGS

Since May, I've earned $6.81. Well, it actually shows that I've earned £6.81. I'm going to initiate a cash-out to my PayPal account right now and see if it's actually dollars or pounds that shows up in my account. 

I can actually provide a close to real time update on my cash-out. The funds arrived in my PayPal account as promised. The amount was in pounds with the valuation in dollars listed as well.
I did some Googling to try to figure out how to convert, and it was fairly straightforward to do within PayPal. 
Once you started the process, it walked you through each step.  
I don't know if PayPal took fees out somewhere along the way, but I checked my USD balance afterwards and it had increased by $8.64  as promised. 
I checked on Prolific's site, and it confirms that you will need to convert within PayPal.

RECOMMENDATION

All of the studies have been really straightforward and pretty quick. The surveys are often hosted by universities, so you feel like your responses are going towards more meaningful research. Your earnings will be in GBP, which has a slightly more favorable valuation against USD.

Check out their website here: https://app.prolific.co/.

Comments

Popular Posts