November 2018 Disposables

NAIL, FRAGRANCE, & BODY
1. I actually had this Julep nail polish, Ursula, in my pile of things to sell on eBay. Even though it's literally brand new and still wrapped in plastic, I realized it was completely dried up - luckily, I hadn't listed it yet!
2. This Clean fragrance came in the August 2016 Sephora box. It very much reminded me of laundry and wasn't a preferred scent of mine.
3. When I first tried the Secret Outlast XTEND Invisible Solid Deodorant, I didn't find it particularly effective. After using it a few more times, it was almost like it adapted to my body chemistry and seemed to work better.
MAKE-UP
1. The IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed powder is one of my fave products for on the go touch-ups. I keep this in my purse for easy access, and I've already purchased a replacement.
2. I received the Diorskin Forever foundation  sample from the Marionnaud store in Paris. Shade 030 is a medium beige, which is way too dark for me. I mixed with a lighter foundation when using, so it's hard to really evaluate it without having tried it on its own.
3. I found these samples of the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick to apply very dry, so it was very slow to blend in with a BeautyBlender. It sits awkwardly in my pores, so definitely not something I'd reach for again.
4. The Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara came in the December 2016 Sephora Play box.
5. I found that the bareMinerals Gem Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor from the July 2017 Sephora Play box would get super-patchy with normal wear, and it would cling to dry spots on my lips. 
6. The Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion is probably my third fave in this line of primers (after the regular and shimmer). 
7. The Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder did not measure up to my Urban Decay HG Velvetizer. Man, I've made myself paranoid that someday the Velvetizer will be discontinued; I really hope that day never comes.
8. I really liked the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey when I first received it in the January 2017 Sephora Play box.  I brought it to work and finished it off there. My only problem is it would sometimes apply a bit unevenly, and I really wanted something that was quick to apply and go. 
FACE PRODUCTS
1. L'Oreal Hydra Genius is a lightweight moisturizer that is probably much better-suited for warmer weather, so I did not pick the best time of year to try this out.  I would definitely give a product like this another try in the summertime when I don't need a heavy moisturizer.
2. No issues with the Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser
3. The Olay Regenerist Whip Face Moisturizer was heavily promoted when it first launched, and this is the largest sample I received.  Similar to the L'Oreal moisturizer, I find this better-suited for warm weather, but I think these types of products will be great for oily skin.  It melts into skin so quickly and doesn't feel heavy at all.
4. The Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer offered pretty good hydration. It basically had the opposite effect from #1 and 3. I'd much prefer this one in the winter as it's a bit on the heavy side.
5. The Exuviance exfoliator came in the Ulta Love Your Skin Collection I purchased earlier this year. 
6. The Clarins Eye Concentrate came in a different Ulta Collection. I used it as a daytime eye treatment, and it worked well with my regular make-up routine. 
7. I tried this Body Merry retinol moisturizer as part of a Tomoson campaign in November 2014
HAIR PRODUCTS
1. The Be Different Hair Wash that accompanied the conditioner I used up last month. Works much better as a shaving cream replacement than shampoo!
2&3. The Nioxin System No. 1 Shampoo and Conditioner were designed to create thicker, fuller-looking hair.  I'm not sure I noticed any huge results, but overall I enjoyed this system. 
4. Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Multiplying Volume Shampoo

FINAL RESULTS: 22 

Comments

Popular Posts