April 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

April 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly Glam Bag with about 5 deluxe samples or full-sized products. The Glam Bag costs $10 monthly, and I have gotten some great values with this subscription - we're talking a value of greater than five times the cost! Please use this referral link if you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy.
April 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag
The Beauty Rocks Glam Bag focuses on the idea that life is a dance floor, and your look should help you live it up.  The deep purple-colored bag features an old-school record in gray. This bag feels of higher quality than others I've received.
Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm, Sample Value: ? [Full-size: $19.00]
This claims to be a super-moisturizing lip balm, but I found it to be a bit drying. It comes with a lip brush for application, which I appreciated. I don't have a lip brush in my collection, so I can use this for applying other lip products.  I received #12 in the Tinted Lip Balm collection, Apple Pink, which is kind of a brown/orange/pink color.  For a lip balm, it is very pigmented, but I would've liked it to be a bit more moisturizing.  I was so-so on the color but overall, I kind of liked it.
Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm
Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil Travel Size, $13.33 [$20.00 for 1.2 grams; sample size: 0.8 grams]
Overall, I like the Urban Decay brand, but I didn't really love this eyeliner. It didn't glide on as easily as others I have applied.
Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil Travel Size
City Color White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse, $3.99 [Full-size]
This was my favorite item in this month's bag, probably because it's so different than anything I have in my supply currently. This color is true to its name, and it has a bit of a spongy texture.  It doesn't apply well with a brush, so I found that the best option was to use your finger for application. It does crease with normal wear, so I think using a primer first will help.
City Color White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse
Left swatch: Indirect sunlight; Right: Direct sunlight
dr. brandt microdermabrasion, $9.75 [$78.00 for 60 grams; sample size: 7.5 grams]
This dispenses as a white slightly grainy cream with a lemony fragrance.  It is designed to sweep away dead skin cells and soften skin texture. I always enjoy receiving skin care products instead of just make-up in ipsy bags, so I was happy to try this.
dr. brandt microdermabrasion
Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse, $2.87 [$17.95 for 10 oz; sample size: 1.6 oz]
This spray mousse had a perfumey fragrance, but I found this to be too messy. Since it's a spray mousse, it dispenses as a thick hairspray and tends to splatter a bit.  I didn't really notice any difference in hair volume the couple of times I used it.
Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse
Total Value >$29.94
Are you interested in getting your own monthly Glam Bag?  Please use this referral link if you decide to check out Ipsy.

Comments

Popular Posts