April 2014 Beauty Bar Sample Society

April 2014 Beauty Bar Sample Society
Sample Society is a beauty subscription box that includes five deluxe-sized samples from the world's best luxury brands. For $15.00 monthly, you will be able to sample these deluxe brands and you will likely find that the value of the products received is twice what you paid (or more!). You will also receive $15 to redeem on a $50 purchase when any product from this month's sampled brands is included. If you are thinking of trying out Sample Society, please use this unique code, RXCK109088, at the Beauty Bar website, which will give me referral credit. 
April 2014 Beauty Bar Sample Society
Butter London WINK Eye Pencil, Pistol Pink, Sample Value: $18.00 [Full-size]
I don't like peeking at what I'm getting in advance (I love being completely surprised when I open my box!), but I had happened to open an email with spoilers, and I spotted Butter London at the top of the list. I usually think 'nail polish' when I see Butter London, so there was a little bit of disappointment to see that the product from this brand was actually an eyeliner.  :-P However, it was a decent eyeliner! It's a decently pigmented pink that's great for adding an unexpected pop of color for spring!  I felt like application could have been a tiny bit smoother, but all in all, not bad.
Butter London WINK Eye Pencil, Pistol Pink
H20 Plus Aquafirm Micro-Collagen Moisturizer Deluxe Sample, $10.00 [$50 for 1.7 oz, sample size: 0.34 oz]
I don't actually have an especially good reason for this, but I loved this moisturizer. I used it in the evenings (since it doesn't have SPF), and it smooths on really easily.
H20 Plus Aquafirm Micro-Collagen Moisturizer Deluxe Sample
Illume Anemone 2 Oz. Tin, $5.62? [Full-size: $33.50]
This candle was a pleasant floral scent, and I didn't find it too be too over-powering of a fragrance. Great candle for spring!
Illume Anemone 2 Oz. Tin
Jane Iredale Lash Conditioner, $5.83? [Full-size: $17.50]
It looks like this lash conditioner was met with mixed reviews from subscribers, but I rather liked it.  It goes on white and you layer your mascara over it before the conditioner dries completely.  I think it worked great as a lash primer, and I did not experience any additional clumping from using it.
Jane Iredale Lash Conditioner
Tatcha Original Aburatorigami, $12.00 [Full-size]
I have sampled these all-natural leaflets before, and I think they work well.  They help absorb excess oil without disturbing your make-up - with the weather slowly but surely warming up, these will start coming in handy!
Tatcha Original Aburatorigami
Total Value: ~$51.45
Really good value this month, and I really enjoyed all the products. The pink eyeliner was the only iffy one, but it worked well for a bit of a funky spring look.  
Please remember to use this unique code, RXCK109088, at the Beauty Bar website if you decide to give 'em a try. I'd say they're definitely worth checking out for a small, luxurious indulgence!

Comments

Popular Posts