Spring 2014 FabFitFun Box

Spring 2014 FabFitFun Box
So, if y'all haven't figured it out already, I love trying new things...and when that comes in the form of a pre-packaged box, well, that makes it all the more convenient. :) I recently learned of the FabFitFun box curated by Giuliana Rancic. I love E's show Giuliana & Bill, although I am shamefully behind a good couple of seasons.  Netflix only has the first two seasons available, and I am majorly bummed that they don't have more! :( They do this with too many shows that I like!
So, the FabFitFun VIP Box is a quarterly subscription box that costs $49.99. It includes a broad array of items that keep you looking and feeling fab.

Kai Perfume Oil, $48.00
The scent contained in this roll-on perfume vial is VERY floral. Great if you love floral scents - not so great if you're like me and don't really dig 'em. I will be looking to gift this.
Kai Perfume Oil
Cover FX SPF 30 Protection Primer, $38.00
Since this primer contains SPF, it offers additional protection for your skin. I wear sunscreen regularly, and I always appreciate when daytime-wear face products include sun-protection, since that is the area most exposed to any harmful sun rays.  This primer smelled a bit like a mix of petroleum and lemons, and it applied smoothly.  While it wasn't terribly oily, I usually prefer a mattifying primer, but this one still did a decent job.
Cover FX SPF 30 Protection Primer
Merrithew Mini Stability Ball and DVD, $28.94
These mini-exercise balls are apparently popular this season, considering I just received one in my March PopSugar Must Have box. I didn't inflate the blue FabFitFun ball yet, but I did try out the exercise DVD using my PopSugar ball.  This was a light 45-minute exercise video that focused on breathing and core strength. I try to include one lighter workout per week, usually either yoga or pilates, to take a breather from high-intensity exercises and give myself a good stretch.  This is great for that, although a bit long, since I usually try to keep my workouts around 30 minutes.
Merrithew Mini Stability Ball and DVD
Dermasuri Deep Exfoliating Mitt, $19.99
This exfoliating mitt was easy to use - you just slip it on your hand and get to scrubbin'. And it does really feel like your skin is being deeply exfoliated. It says that you will actually see dead skin cells coming off as you use this product, but I didn't really notice any during my first use. I saw that a lot of the reviewers' comments note that they did see dead skin flaking off, so I decided to try it out again before I posted this review. This time I went for a more intense scrub, and I definitely did notice a difference. I didn't see a lot of dead skin come off my arms, and I think that is where I primarily tested it for my first use. I guess this means my arms are well-moisturized! I also used the mitt to exfoliate my back, stomach, and legs, and my back and legs definitely had dead skin coming off. You don't have the greatest reach to get to your back, but what  I could reach definitely got treated to some deep exfoliation.  It is a satisfying feeling to cleanse yourself of that extra weight.
Dermasuri Deep Exfoliating Mitt
Cult Gaia Turband, $48.00
A sneak peek of this product was released early, and it had no appeal to me. It's this trendy turban/headband hybrid that you can wrap around your head/hair for a couple of different looks.  Very '50s house wife. I tried it out at home, and that was the exact comment my husband made. :-P
Cult Gaia Turband
Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Invisible Spray, $25.00
This is not my favorite dry shampoo ever. It definitely didn't seem to do anything for third day hair. I noticed a slight improvement for second-day hair, but I would have to say that the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo is my favorite that I have tried.
Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Invisible Spray
Level Naturals Shower Bomb, $7.99
These shower bombs are intended to be used as a quickie spa session in the shower. You drop one in and let it dissolve, and the smell of menthol and eucalyptus fills the bathroom. It isn't an overly strong fragrance, but since it is menthol, it does smell somewhat like Vicks.  It easily dissolves during an average shower session for me, which is maybe 7-12 minutes? I think I would have preferred a bit of a stronger fragrance. I offered one to my husband to try, and he agreed that he felt the scent could have been stronger.
Level Naturals Shower Bomb
The Better Chip Spinach and Kale with Sea Salt, $1.99
I brought this as a snack on my first day back to work since moving to Ohio, and I thought they were really tasty! They taste well-balanced and really make for a great healthy snack.
The Better Chip Spinach and Kale with Sea Salt
Total Value: $217.91
At $50 per quarter, this comes out to a great value.  The box includes a nice mix of products. There are a couple I don't love, but it's still fun to try new things. :)

Comments

Popular Posts