Kiss InstaWave Automatic Curler


Product: The revolutionary KISS InstaWave is a fully automatic tangle-free curler that instantly creates beautiful, long-lasting curls with ease. It is easy for anyone to use, from any angle, with any hand, and it features a Curl Dial with left/right curl directions. The curler has 2 heat settings with a low/high switch with maximum temperature of 420, and it automatically shuts off after 90 minutes.

Use: To use the product, hold the curler vertically and place a section of hair on the curling rod.  Touch the Curl Dial either left or right, and the InstaWave instantly and automatically catches and curls the hair. Hold for 5-10 seconds or longer for tighter curls and less for beachy waves. Pull the InstaWave down vertically to release hair. You can switch between curling right and curling left to create the most natural looking curls.

I first applied thermal hair spray, which I try to always apply before using hot styling tools.  One of the first things I noticed after plugging in the product is it makes a high pitched sound caused by the circuit to drive the motor. The company has indicated that this does not represent a safety issue - and it almost helps you to avoid a safety issue since you always know when it's plugged in. :)

When left to its own devices, my hair is kind of poofy and frizzy [below-left], and a curling iron definitely helps add definition and body. After curling one side of my head [below-right], you can definitely tell the difference in the appearance of my hair.
For my first time using it, I struggled to find the right angle. Unsurprisingly, I found it a lot easier to curl the left side of my head using my right hand.
I was worried that my hair might get tangled - and there were a few instances when the curling iron pulled in more hair than I had intended - but I didn't have any issues with the iron snagging my hair or pulling any of it out.
Verdict: When all was said and done, my hair came out kind of cute! It may take a little while to get the hang of, but I found the curling iron to be relatively easy to use. No more constant twirling of your wrist, LOL! My hair is ~waist-length, so I think this curling iron is a little harder to use on long hair. It was somewhat of a challenge to make sure the entire length of my hair made its way around the barrel. My hair wasn't perfect, but I think more practice could definitely improve my results.
The official KISS InstaWave website will redirect you to purchase from either Target, Ulta, or Amazon.com.  The retail price is $59.99.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

Popular Posts