Wednesday Weekend Wind-up: Burger Week 2018

Last week's post was mostly about Zharo, but I also mentioned that we visited Bru Burger Bar, Macaron Bar, and Tavern on the Bend for Burger Week.  We didn't stop there!

On Thursday, we went to Ladder 19 where I was immediately impressed by their $6 Drink Menu. 


We shared an order of the Bosco Bites, warm pizza dough stuffed with melted mozzarella and served with marinara sauce. I could've used more cheese with these. 
I had Uncle Woody's Ragin' Cajun burger, which was topped with grilled mushrooms, onions, swiss cheese and cajun sauce on a toasted kaiser bun. The bottom got pretty soggy, so it was a little messy to eat. It was more of a vegetable-based patty, which generally isn't my favorite kind of veggie burger, but in this case, it was kind of a welcome break from all the black bean patties that were featured on most of the vegetarian Burger Week menus. Francisco enjoyed his Roasted Veggie Flatbread, and I appreciated the fact that it had a healthy amount of cheese, which you don't always see on a flatbread. 
Our final Burger Week outing was to Flipdaddy's, BUT we ended up not getting the Burger Week special. I just had no interest in yet another black bean burger, and I figured there was a good chance that I've already tried the Bean Me Up Scotty during a previous visit. 
However, Flipdaddy's is one of the locations that now has the Impossible Burger, and this was the most affordable place we've found it. 
They don't have much in the way of dessert here, but there was a Graeter's down the street we happily swung by and picked up a delicious peach ice cream sundae. And then I couldn't resist strolling around the neighborhood here a bit.  Mariemont was designated as a National Historic Landmark community in 2007, modeled after a quaint English garden neighborhood. This is without a doubt one of my favorite things about Cincinnati. This charming neighborhood is just 15 minutes from downtown. I love how accessible different parts of the city are and how diverse these neighborhoods can be. 

Comments

Popular Posts