Summer 2018 FabFitFun Box

Summer 2018 FabFitFun Box
In double-checking my previous blog posts, it appears that I've only gotten a FabFitFun twice (the 2014 Fall box and the 2014 Spring box). Hands down, without a shadow of a doubt, the box I received today [4 years later] is loads better. And if you click here, you can get $10 off of your first box!  Read on to see what was inside!

Yumi Kim Makeup Train Case, $58.00
Subscribers got to choose from two design options, and I chose the Navy/Geo. It almost looks too nice to travel with! I usually travel with a make-up bag with a little hanger attached to it, and I love that because it clears up counter space.

Update as I'm typing this blog post: I actually got an opportunity to try this when I visited home for the weekend.  I don't think I would travel with this for make-up again. It just kind of folds in on itself, and it isn't very sturdy. However, it's cute, and it could actually be functional for organizing other travel things.
Yumi Kim Makeup Train Case
COOLA Classic Face SPF 50 White Tea, $32.00
I'm generally ecstatic to get an SPF product, but (a) I've tried this one before [June 2016 Birchbox] and didn't love it then and (b) when I tried it this time around, I noticed that my make-up primer was pilling on top of it. That said, I can happily use this as a hand and body sunscreen.
COOLA Classic Face SPF 50 White Tea
tarte tarteist™ PRO glow highlight & contour palette, $45.00
I'm generally pretty excited to receive anything tarte in a box, but my highlight & contour game is not strong nor am I interested in approving it. I may put effort into trying to sell this. If not, it's been noted that you could use this as eye shadow or even brow powder, so that's my back-up plan.
tarte tarteist™ PRO glow highlight & contour palette
FOREO LUNA! fofo, $89.00
This is the item I 100% purchased this box for.  I had actually purchased the full-size $199 FOREO Luna 2 during the Spring 2017 Sephora Sale...and subsequently returned it.  I just wasn't really seeing the value in it. But when I heard about FabFitFun including this new version of the popular FOREO LUNA line, I figured it was a heck of bargain. $40.00 when the item I covet most is valued at over twice that amount? Why not?!

So far, I'm happy I got this. I use it primarily in the evenings in the shower. It vibrates as it cleanses, and it will pulse every 15 seconds when it's time to move to a new section of your face. The cycle only lasts one minute, so I tend to use it twice in a row and spend 30 seconds on each section of my face.  I tried the app that it comes with a couple of times, but this just seems a little gimmicky and not the most useful.
FOREO LUNA! fofo
Wildlife Conservation Society Straw, $0.00
Plastic straws are a really bad thing, people. Admittedly, I do use them when I'm out and at work, but at home, I use a reusable metal straw. The box included this single-use paper straw.
Wildlife Conservation Society Straw
ELEMIS Papaya Enzyme Peel, $45.00
This enzymatic cream exfoliator smells really nice, kind of a fruity, creamy fragrance. You apply it to your face and then leave on for 10-15 minutes. It definitely feels like a heavy cream and not a standard mask. I expected this to be more like a regular exfoliator, but that definitely wasn't the case.
ELEMIS Papaya Enzyme Peel
Pier 1 Imports Marble Ring Dish, $14.99
I'm not really sure what to do with this dish. Right now, it's sitting on my bookshelf in the dining area, but I don't really need it for anything.
Pier 1 Imports Marble Ring Dish
Jaboneria Marianella Body Caviar, $48.00
This body scrub has a luxurious, smoky smell, and it leaves the slightest, oily residue on skin after rinsing. It's a fairly good scrub.
Jaboneria Marianella Body Caviar
Maji Sports Loop Resistance Band, $15.00
Honestly, I probably won't get much use of this. I pretty much already have an established exercise routine, and I'm not sure how much I would naturally incorporate an item like this.
Maji Sports Loop Resistance Band
Total Value: $346.99
At $50 per quarter, this comes out to a great value, and the box includes a nice mix of products. As noted, I was attracted to this box based on its offering of a single item - the FOREO LUNA fofo, which was valued at $89 on its own.

Click here to get $10 off your first box!

And don't forget to check out the unboxing video on my YouTube channel:

Comments

Popular Posts