August 2018 Disposables

August 2018 Disposables
NAIL & FRAGRANCE
1. The Pacifica Island Vanilla Perfume Roll-On wasn't my fave fragrance ever. My biggest issue was the roller didn't work as the best applicator. I ended up having Francisco pop out the little ball, so I could just tilt out the liquid and apply to my wrist. This is dangerous with me, but I didn't end up making too much of a mess.
2. This was a great nail polish for the 4th of July, but this glittery shade ended up thickening up too much to work with.
3. This Sally Hansen shade in Purple Power is one of my oldest nail polishes. This possibly dates back to high school? The formula still seems fine, but the creamy, frosted lavender shade just seems dated. I can't bear to throw out something that still works fine, so I'll send this one home to my mom.
BODY
1. The Honest Co. Hydrating Shea Butter Cleansing Bar came in my Fall 2014 FabFitFun box.
2. I'm a repeat user of the Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer to add a touch of color during the summer months. It's not perfect, but it's something.
3. I used up the bar of soap that was the last of my stash from Lush.
HAIR
1. I received a set of the Sebastian Professional Drench Shampoo and Conditioner for Christmas a few years ago. Overall, I found this conditioner to be fairly nourishing, but it's definitely on the pricey side ($40 a bottle). It did last a long time though, so maybe it's worth it?
2&3. I did not like the Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive Shampoo and Conditioner.  This seemed to leave an oily residue in my hair.
HAND PRODUCTS
1. Organic Surge Hand & Nail Cream
2. The Supergoop! Hand Cream came in the Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland box I got for Christmas 2016. I always appreciate products like this with SPF.
3. This MDSolarSciences Daily Anti-Aging Moisturizer is actually for your face, but I ended up finishing it off on my hands. It came in the July 2016 Birchbox.
4. B&BW Anti-Bacterial Hand Lotion
MAKE-UP PRODUCTS
1. I have had this Emite blush since the September 2015 GLOSSYBOX. I never really loved the shade on my skin tone, and it seemed to apply a bit more patchy as time has gone on.
2. I've wanted to try a stick foundation for some time, but I always thought it might end up applying too dry for my combination skin type.  I tried the shade Shell, which seemed close to my skin color, if not a bit light. However, I felt like this actually ended up making my skin more oily as the day went on.
3. This was the second shade I tried from the bareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation collection. I finished the first shade last month, and I'm still not a fan. 
4. I don't think the shade Light Warm was best for me... the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer applied a bit yellow.
5. Smashbox primer from the April 2017 Sephora box.
FACE
1. I picked up the Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It T-Zone Detox Scrub from Target the last time I needed a new exfoliating face wash.  I might repurchase.
2. I've had this Milk Makeup stick sitting around for a while since I received it in the July 2017 Sephora box. I pulled it out to consider using it again, but thought it was likely that it was just teeming with bacteria at this point since you press it directly to your skin to apply.
3. Chanel Blue Serum
4. The Algenist Eye Renewal Balm worked fine as a base layer during my AM make-up routine. I hate it when your eye cream ends up pilling up under your make-up. You can see the oils from my hands ended up rubbing away most of the text since I tend to apply eye cream after face moisturizer.
5. I had won a little trio set of Lip Scrubs from Good Earth Beauty, and I finally ended up finishing the first little tub.  These are great for exfoliating your lips before applying lipstick, but I would probably try to make my own lip scrub in the future once these are all used up.
6. It was near impossible to squeeze this little tube of the Palmetto Derma Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask that came in the November 2016 GLOSSYBOX.
7. The last of the samples from this Paula's Choice BzzAgent campaign
8. This bonus sample of Vichy Minéral 89 Face Serum came with an Amazon order Francisco placed. 

FINAL RESULTS: 26 I also returned the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Invisimatte Blotting Powder to Sephora, but I forgot to photograph so I won't count it in my total. I think it was a bit too dry for me. Anyways, there were some good-sized products used up last month, so that's always good to see!  

Comments

Popular Posts