In the Kitchen...and Uno

I sauteed some kale and mushrooms Tuesday to make a pasta dish for lunch. I don't know that I've ever cooked with kale before - it's definitely heartier than spinach. It wilts when you cook it, but it doesn't go completely soggy. 


Then I blended some fresh fruit and yogurt for a snack. It was a good, simple recipe - apples, kiwi, and strawberries with yogurt and a splash of apple juice. But it didn't call for ice, so I didn't think to add it. I like cold smoothies, not lukewarm, so I made sure to add a couple ice cubes in the next batch.   

We had a pint of blueberries that we bought Sunday. I just recently read an article that if you're not going to use fresh berries within a couple of days, you should freeze them. It's Thursday now. Those blueberries had gone completely untouched, and I get skeeved out once they start to get moldy, so I figured I needed to use them soon.  It was breakfast time and what better for breakfast than fresh blueberry syrup.So, not exactly healthy, but much better than store bought with a bunch of added sugar and corn syrup and all that jazz.  I followed this really simple recipe and voila, whole wheat waffles with fresh blueberry syrup for breakfast. 

Yesterday we went out to eat at Uno, which makes me happy and sad. Happy because they have amazing pizza and I missed them once my fave Indiana locations closed down. And sad because it's a repeat visit and I get way more excited to try new places, but it was Francisco's call as part of his birthday week. The pizza and dessert (a mini Peanut Butter Cup) were darn tasty, but the macaroni Small Plate Appetizer was a bit bland and the margarita wasn't very flavorful.  I still love me some Uno though!



Comments

Popular Posts