The Sand and the Sea

So, I stepped outside on the deck to take pictures of my nails cuz' they have a lot going on right now.  I even mixed my own polish to create the tan shade since all I had was a darker brown. Anyway, they're supposed to be "beachy".  There are two sandy nails, and then I did a gradient with waves. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. 
So, I was trying to capture the turtle on my ring finger when I looked up and caught a glimpse of a baby deer wandering in the yard. He's come back so frequently, I've already given him a name: Bandit. His brother's name is Buster, but it's becoming more rare that I see them together.

I didn't bother to mess with the zoom because he hadn't spotted me yet, and I didn't want to scare him off. After a minute, he did lock eyes with me, then he turned around and scampered back to his mom (her name is Phil) who was in the yard behind the creek.  

But here is the little sea turtle! He must have crawled out into the sand, haha. 

It's kind of a fitting theme, because my mom and brother are coming down tonight to spend the weekend celebrating Francisco's birthday...and he is really hoping to rent a boat and go out on the lake. I don't expect to see any sea turtles though. :-P I don't even know if we'll be able to considering there are thunderstorms in the forecast for tomorrow. But I'm sure we'll have fun regardless of what we do!

Comments

Popular Posts