Cat Cocktails for Cat Birthdays :)

This past weekend, I celebrated the 10th birthday of my fat cat, Travyss "Meow Meow" Noel. I guess technically it's his 'adoption day' since I'm not certain of his birth date. I adopted him as a freshman in college, and when I moved out of my parents' house to begin my career a few years later, it was just me and him for a while.  Now our little family has doubled in size, which meant the more, the merrier to celebrate my eldest kitty. :)
Zharo got dressed up for the celebration - a fact he was not terribly happy about.  
And here's the wide-eyed birthday boy ready to celebrate!
So, to get this party started, we made some Black Cat Cocktails. Alright, to be fair, it was more of a celebration in Travyss' honor since he's not actually big on drinking himself. ;-)  And of course every ten-year-old's birthday needs cocktails, yes? ;-) But what else are we missing?  Oh, yes, can't forget about the CAKE (upcoming post). 
BLACK CAT COCKTAIL

Ingredients
  • 1 oz blue curacao
  • 1 oz vodka
  • 3 oz lemon lime soda
  • 1 oz cranberry juice
  • 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
  • lime twist for garnish
Directions
Fill a shaker halfway with ice. Add curacao, vodka and lime juice. Shake until mixed well. Add soda and stir. Pour cranberry juice into a tall glass. Over the back of a spoon, gently strain the mixed ingredients over the cranberry juice, being careful not to completely mix the two for presentation. Serve with a cocktail stirrer and a lime twist for garnish.








Comments

Popular Posts