Don't You Want a Wantable?


Wantable has been in my sights for a while. It is another monthly subscription box, and I have really only heard good things about it.  The only thing is it is the priciest monthly box that I am aware of.  You can subscribe for $36, or you can make a one-time purchase for $40.  In your box, you will receive 4 or 5 full-sized premium make-up products that have been hand-picked to match your preferences.  The sign-up process allows you to completely personalize exactly what you would like to receive in your box.  And that is the part that really sets them apart from other subscription services. If you would like to personalize your box to only include say, eye make-up, you can do this. With other subscriptions, you generally have the opportunity to give feedback on how much you've enjoyed the product and give some input as to which products you would be most interested in receiving...but no where near to the extent that you're able to do this with Wantable.

So, long story short, I was completely thrilled to receive the opportunity to try and review a Wantable Make-Up Box.
It was really fast turn-around. On October 23, I received an email congratulating me on being selected to review a box and then a separate email with the ordering link. I completed the detailed style quiz on October 24 and received notice that my order had shipped on Saturday, October 26.  On Monday, I received an email that my Wantable shipment had arrived, so I knew to be excited before I even opened the mailbox!
I had personalized my box to be mostly nail polish products and I also received some beauty tools. Your preferences resulting from the online style quiz are printed on your invoice. You're most likely to receive products that you 'Love' (i.e. Nail Polish for me) followed by those that you 'Like' (Tools) and you will never receive products you Dislike.

The other really awesome thing about Wantable is it lists the retail value of the items you received right on the invoice. So, there's no hunting to see how much the product you received is worth. Other companies like Birchbox list a value as well, but it is the value for the full-sized product while you generally only received a smaller sample size. So, you'll generally need to do a little math to figure out your particular value.  
 So, let's check out what I received in a little more detail.

JAPONESQUE Angled Foundation Brush
$24.50
First off, I have to admit that I've never used a foundation brush before. I'll generally use a make-up sponge to apply foundation. I gave this a try, and I did find that it was good for detailed application around the eyes and crevices around the nose, but I found that I still had to use a sponge or my fingers to make sure everything was blended evenly. I don't love the idea of introducing a foundation brush to my routine as it just seems like an unnecessary product for me. However, if you're looking to fine-tune your foundation application or want to make sure you get the perfect look for a special event, this tool would be perfect for achieving that.
Pomegranate Nail Lacquer - Palace Gardens
$8.50
Green nail polish, what!? My initial disappointment in receiving a green shade was short-lived.  Cuz' then I painted my nails, and then I realized I may have found my favorite shade of green ever. 
The formula was just about perfect. This ended up being a one-coater. Palace Gardens was a deep emerald green, and it is a gorgeous color for fall. 
Kikkerland Owl Emery File
$1.50
There was no price listed on the invoice for this item, but I found it on Kikkerland's website for $1.50. This is a really cute nail file, and it did a fine job on my nails. Cute and functional products are the best! :)
Rainbox Honey Nail Lacquer - Ephemeral
$10.00
Here is a product that better met my initial expectations. This was my first time trying Rainbow Honey, and the formula was really good. But the color...I wasn't expecting to love it. 
And I didn't. Sadly, this pink shimmer just didn't feel like 'me', but it applied like a dream and would probably work well for future nail art.
Cailyn Cosmetics PINK Kabuki Brush
$15.00
Last but not least, was this lovely pink Kabuki brush. I haven't actually used this because my kabuki brush is still in good shape, but I think this one is cute! The pink adds a nice pop of color. 
And there you have it - my first ever Wantable box!  Here's the skinny: yes, it is pricier than other subscriptions BUT you are receiving full-sized premium products, not samples.  AND the box is completely customizable so you can set your preferences so you only receive the types of products you want.  And let's say you don't love everything you received - returns are always free!

Oh, and let's say that instead you would like to discover some new trendy accessories or some comfy intimate essentials...well, there's a box for that! For premium, full-sized products personalized to fit your preferences, Wantable is hands-down the best subscription box out there that I've encountered!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

Popular Posts