BzzAgent Kroger Skillet Meals

You don't need to spend much time around me to learn that I love food. I love going out to restaurants, trying new recipes, and most importantly...eating! :) A BzzAgent campaign that revolves around food is perfect for me.  My BzzKit arrived in the mail, and it contained the following:
  • Coupon for 1 FREE New Kroger Skillet Meal
  • Coupon for 1 FREE Fresh Selection Salad Kit
  • Coupon for 1 FREE Garlic Bread 
  • Additional coupons for these products to share with family and friends.
Kroger and BzzAgent picked a perfect time to launch this campaign as many of us are getting swept up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays.  That doesn't always leave a lot of time to devote to preparing a complete meal.  But how about a meal that is ready to eat in 10 minutes that requires minimal effort?

Off to our local Kroger to scope out the selection...
Gotta say, I was disappointed. Admittedly, I didn't expect much in the way of vegetarian options, but it sure would have been nice. Tucked in the bottom-right corner was Sorrento-Style Gnocchi, the only vegetarian skillet meal that was available. 
We also needed to pick up our sides, so we had stopped at the salad area when we first entered the store. Did you know not a single bag of the Fresh Selections Salad Kits came without meat?  We had decided we would either get the Caesar Salad Kit and substitute the salad dressing (Caesar salad dressing comes with anchovy paste) or get the House Salad Kit and discard the bag of bacon bits. House Salad it was! 
We found the garlic bread without issue!
The cooking instructions for the Skillet Meal were so simple! Pour the contents of the bag into a skillet and cook it for about 8-10 minutes. 
We popped the garlic bread in the oven and prepared the salad...
...and a short 10 minutes later, dinner was served!
The House Salad Kit paired well with dinner. The greens were fresh, the ranch sauce was tasty and not too tangy, and I liked that it came with a little pouch of croutons and cheddar cheese. This is a convenient all-in-one salad kit. The garlic bread was my favorite part of the meal. This is a generous hunk of garlic bread with good flavor. It heated up in ~10 minutes in the oven. The middle of the bread was soft and the crust was slightly crispy. It had a nice butter and garlic flavor. Sadly, the Sorrento-Style Gnocchi was my least favorite part of the meal. While I loved the idea of quick heat-and-serve skillet meal, this lacked flavor and I was disappointed in the overall selection. I would love to see Kroger expand this so I could try more flavors - perhaps this specific meal just wasn't for me.

Thank you to BzzAgent for providing an opportunity to sample Kroger Skillet Meals!


Comments

Popular Posts