June 2016 Play! by Sephora Review

June 2016 Play! by Sephora Review
The June theme was "The Minimalists", featuring products that help you put together a low-key look for those times when less is more.
June 2016 Play! by Sephora Review
Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It, $3.10 [$31.00 for 5 oz; sample size: 0.5 oz]
This hair cream has a light, sweet scent, and I found it to be just okay. My hair still ended up being kind of frizzy.
Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara, $8.00 [$24.00 for 0.3 oz; sample size: 0.1 oz]
I've received this sample before, probably the most recently in my October 2015 Birchbox. I like this mascara - it really offers good separation and definition of lashes.
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara
Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30, ?
Sadly, the pump on this little bottle broke almost immediately - I think I got one use out of it. It had a very light, pleasant fragrance and a silky smooth application. I would have liked it even more if it had more of a matte finish on my skin.
Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30
bareMinerals bareSkin Bronzer, $2.80 [$28.00 for 1 oz; sample size: 0.1 oz]
I mixed this bronzer serum with my foundation to add a hint of color. It's a dark bronze, but it blends in with foundation easily. This is a great option for summer if you just want to darken your normal foundation. You can also use on its own, as a contour, or on your body by mixing with body lotion.
bareMinerals bareSkin Bronzer
Becca Backlight Priming Filter, $7.60 [$38.00 for 1 oz; sample size: 0.2 oz]
I didn't think that this product paired well with my oily skin. I applied after moisturizer as a primer, but tried to avoid my T-zone where I get the oiliest.
Becca Backlight Priming Filter
Tocca Beauty Florence, $?
This fragrance was kind of a sophisticated floral.  It's one I don't mind using but not something I would purchase on my own.
Tocca Beauty Florence
Total Value: $21.50
Good brand turn-out!

Details: Play! by Sephora is a beauty subscription box that features a curation of five deluxe samples plus a bonus fragrance in a collectible bag. The monthly cost is $10.00 + tax. Each box also includes a Play! Pass that you can use to receive 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any in-store purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts