October 2015 Birchbox Review

October 2015 Birchbox Review
The October box theme was Positive Force, focusing on harnessing the power of beauty and inspiring confidence.
October 2015 Birchbox Review
Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask, $7.42 [$12.99 for 1 oz; sample size: 1.0 oz]
This mask had a fresh, herbal smell; the smell was a little odd to me but not really unpleasant. I generally like incorporating masks into my skin care routine, and this is a nice one to use.
Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara, $8.00 [$24.00 for 0.3 oz; sample size: 0.1 oz]
I've heard really good things about this mascara. I received a tube once before, but I hadn't opened it since I already had too many tubes open. The first thing that strikes you about this mascara is its unique, rubber wand. Now that I've seen the actual wand, I think I may have used this in a blind mascara sample test I participated in. Overall, it was really good - there was good separation and definition of my lashes. I've been using it since I received the box, and it's starting to get the tiniest of clumps on the wand bristles, but I think that is a minor issue.
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara
dr. brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant, $9.75 [$78.00 for 2 oz; sample size: 0.25 oz]
I first tried this product in my April 2014 ipsy Glambag.  It kind of smells like lemon Froot Loops and provides gentle exfoliation.
dr. brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant
EXO Supply Co. PureRemover Wipes - Lavender, $2.40 [$12.00 for 10 wipes; sample size: 2]
So, the positive side is that these don't really have any chemical smell. However, they are very oily. I did get most of my polish removed - it wasn't any harder or easier than with other removal products. I definitely felt like I needed to wash my hands immediately after using so I wouldn't get oil anywhere.
EXO Supply Co. PureRemover Wipes - Lavender
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, $4.94 [$42.00 for 8.5 oz; sample size: 1 oz]
This hair spray has a nice, fresh fragrance. It comes out as a forceful spray, which is good. However, I found that it didn't really help to add volume or soak up grease.
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Total Value: $32.51
If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, please sign up using this link.

Details: Birchbox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five beauty products.  The box retails for $10 per month, and you can earn points by posting reviews of the products you received that you can use on future purchases.  

Comments

Popular Posts