May 2016 Play! by Sephora Review


May 2016 Play! by Sephora Review
I'm not sure if anything's gotten me more excited lately than when I finally got off the wait list for Play! by Sephora. I can't think of a more perfect company to launch a beauty box subscription service! Forgive my delay in getting my May review posted.
May Play! by Sephora Review
The theme for May was "The Forces of Nature", featuring some high performing, natural products.
May Play! by Sephora Review
Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine, $? [$70.00 for 1 oz]
From what I understand, I think that Sephora includes a perfume sample in all of their boxes in addition to the five items that you receive. This fragrance could not be more perfect for summer - it's so fresh and citrusy!
Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Kimchi, $8.67 [$26.00 for 0.15 oz; sample size: 0.05 oz]
This lipstick is a really bold pink shade. It has a satin finish, and it applies easily. The color is definitely brighter than what I would normally gravitate toward, but the formula is really good.
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Kimchi
Origins Maskimizer + Drink Up & Clear Improvement Masks, $?
The Maskimizer was a pre-treatment that primes your skin for applying a mask. It seems like an unnecessary step, and isn't something I would purchase on my own. I tried the Drink Up mask overnight following my return from my vacation - figured my skin could use some extra hydration. It kind of smells like peaches, and it absorbed easily into the skin. The only downfall is that I felt like my face was kind of sticking to my pillow when I went to sleep.  I actually already had purchased a full-size version of the Clear Improvement Mask after reading good things about it - it seems to do a good job of drawing out excess oil.
Origins Maskimizer + Drink Up & Clear Improvement Masks
Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask, $9.00 [Full-size sample = 1 oz]
I've actually tried this sample before, but they've since changed its packaging from a jar to a tube. It's an okay conditioner, but I've tried others that are more hydrating. It kind of smells like tropical fruit.
Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram, $1.80 [$18.00 for 0.01 oz; sample size: 0.001 oz]
I was excited to see a Tarte product, but I didn't have the best luck with this lip crayon. It didn't apply smoothly - it was a bit scratchy and the tip would break with too much pressure. I didn't really care much for the color; it leaned a little orange for what's supposed to be a neutral mauve.
Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial, $12.08 [$48.00 for 1.35 oz; sample size: 0.34 oz]
This facial cream had a floral perfumed fragrance, and it left my skin feeling slightly tacky.
Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial
Total Value: $31.55

Details: Play! by Sephora is a beauty subscription box that features a curation of five deluxe samples plus a bonus fragrance in a collectible bag. The monthly cost is $10.00 + tax. Each box also includes a Play! Pass that you can use to receive 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any in-store purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts