Wednesday Weekend Wind-Up: Surprise Games

It had been a while since we'd been to Django Western Taco. I'd heard they'd changed ownership and possibly weren't as good as they used to be. Since they're only a short distance away and margaritas sounded like a good idea, we ventured over to the Northside.  I had the Prickly Pear Margarita and Francisco had a Mojito - the drinks were surprisingly strong! They go down easy though. We shared an order of Queso, and we each got a veggie taco. The tacos basically seemed like health food - as you can see they were full of broccoli and chickpeas, which made them a little difficult to eat.  I liked Django very much the first time I went there when they actually had veggie chorizo, but it's all been kind of downhill from there.
I'd caught wind that Starbucks was celebrating the PSL's 13th birthday with Pumpkin Spice Whip as a free topping option, so breakfast was an easy decision. We got the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino with Pumpkin Spice Whip and the Salted Caramel Mocha [which I probably like more than a PSL].
The weather was gorgeous so I managed to convince Francisco to go for a walk around Mt. Airy with me [never an easy feat]. As we were walking, he remarked that he actually wasn't hating the walk, and he needs to stop being so immediately opposed to these kinds of suggestions. Hopefully, this will stick in his mind!
We headed down the road to Cheddar's where we shared our typical meal of Spasagna and Broccoli Cheese Casserole.
We enjoyed some deck time with the kitties - I so wish we had had a more comfortable, less humid summer!
While we were deciding on our next plan of action, Francisco took that opportunity to pull out a small stack of games he had picked up for us a couple months ago - he had been waiting for the opportunity to surprise me with them!
On Sunday, we tried a recipe for a Bananas Foster Milkshake - good, but a bit too sweet. The caramelized bananas were delicious though!
And of course we saved some time to snuggle up with these sweet boys! And finish the season 6 finale of Walking Dead - no spoilers, but OMG, that ending scene made me so uncomfortable. I couldn't get it out of my head! I'm nervous to see the results, but I might have a long wait anyway since we've just been waiting till it comes on Netflix.

Comments

Popular Posts