September 2016 Disposables

September 2016 Disposables
Whew, my basket was EMPTY this month. I don't know what happened!
MAKE-UP PRODUCTS
1. I've been carrying the Smashbox Photo Filter Powder Foundation [Shade 1] in my purse for a while, and it's worn down to the pan in the middle. I really didn't see any great results from using this; it just seemed like any other powder product.
2. I received this lipstick in my September 2015 Birchbox, and I've been using it at work. However, it tends to cake up and leave dry patches on my lips, so I'm not a big fan of that.
3. I received the Mullein & Sparrow Tinted Lip & Cheek Balm as part of a giveaway. It had an off-putting smell, and it really didn't impart any color.
4. This bareMinerals lipstick came in my March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag. I used it for touch-ups at work for a nice pop of color without being too dramatic.
5. This mascara remover came in my August GLOSSYBOX. It does a fair job at removing mascara, but I think I will stick with a more all-purpose oil for make-up removal.
6. This mascara came in my Holiday 2015 GLOSSYBOX. I wasn't the hugest fan at first, but overall, it got the job done.
7. I am on the hunt for my Holy Grail foundation, and the Diorskin Forever Perfect Makeup may be the 3rd bottle I've returned to Sephora so far.  I got the shade 021 Linen, which was definitely too dark for my skin tone, and it really didn't leave a matte finish. I was oily within hours.
FACE PRODUCTS
1. Boscia cleansing oil from the Sephora Great Cleanse collection.
2. L'Occitane Precious Cleansing Foam.
3. I didn't like this sample of Puer Instant Facelift Serum; it kind of made the delicate skin around my eyes stick together which just serves to call more attention to fine lines. It also dried to an odd finish that you had to rub out to even out the texture.
4. This sunscreen sample came in the Amazon Luxury Beauty Sample Box.
5. L'Occitane Skin Perfector.
6. Boscia exfoliating powder also from the Great Cleanse.
BODY PRODUCTS
1. I'd kept this sunscreen at work to apply before going out at lunch and at the end of the day.
2. Bath & Body Works lotion
3. This bottle of TreacleMoon Marshmallow Hearts Shower Gel is actually something that I picked up at a Tesco in England. Aesthetics wise, the brand kind of reminded me of Philosophy.  
HAIR & FRAGRANCE
1. Dry shampoo from my March 2015 Birchbox.
2. Alterna hair cream from my September 2014 Sample Society box.
3. The Harvey Prince Petaly Noir perfume was rull bad for me.  I brought it to work with me and tried it twice, and I kept ending up in migraine territory. I found this fragrance to be strong and unpleasant.
4. A lovely fresh and citrusy fragrance from my May 2016 Sephora box.
5. Atelier floral fragrance from the September Sephora box.

FINAL RESULTS: 21
Not a strong month overall, but at least it included several decent-sized products.  

Comments

Popular Posts