November 2016 Play! by Sephora Review

November 2016 Play! by Sephora Review
Best in Glow: This month's box was about bypassing winter dullness and waking your skin up with 'radiance-ready beauty'.
CoverFX Illuminating Primer, $6.08 [$38.00 for 1 oz; sample size: 0.16 oz]
My skin is on the oily side, so I was hesitant to use an illuminating primer. I selectively applied away from my T-zone, and my skin wasn't horribly greasy by the end of the day. This is definitely a primer that is more suited for cold weather if your skin tends to get drier in the winter.
CoverFX Illuminating Primer
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold, $17.4 [$29.00 for 0.05 oz; sample size: 0.03 oz]
Application of this eye color was really smooth. When applied on its own, it definitely wasn't crease-proof. Maybe if you have more time for it to dry? I was able to apply eyeliner over this product, which isn't always the case with creamy eye shadow sticks. I found it best when it was applied over another eye shadow used as a base. This color also was nice for the inner corners of my eyes.
Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rose Gold
Stella McCartney Pop, ?
This was a fresh, fun long-lasting fragrance with a floral undertone. I was a huge fan.
Stella McCartney Pop
The Estee Edit by Estee Lauder Dissolve the Drama, $2.39 [$32.00 for 6.7 oz; sample size: 0.5 oz]
I'm not even sure if this makes sense, but the smell of this make-up remover was cottony fresh, maybe like a B&BW Cotton Blossom lotion. So maybe it's the fragrance, but as I rubbed this onto my face, it felt like I was spreading soft, luxuriant cotton on my face.  But it's still an oil. IDK, it was weird - in a pleasant way, lol. It does a decent job of removing make-up.
The Estee Edit by Estee Lauder Dissolve the Drama
Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Pin Up Pink, $10.91 [$12.00 for 0.11 oz; sample size: 0.1 oz]
I just don't really get excited about Sephora Collection products, but it's obvious why Sephora includes them. I decided not to even open this bright pink lip gel. The reviews implied that it was sticky and the color looked like it applied unevenly in the swatches. Maybe I can pass this on to someone who can rock this and have better luck.
Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Pin Up Pink
GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment, $17.25 [$69.00 for 1.2 oz; sample size: 0.3 oz]
I've never been mad at receiving a GlamGlow product. This mud mask features activated charcoal and random organic bits. It had a vaguely herbal smell, and it seemed to help decongest pores.
GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment
Total Value: $54.03!!

Details: Play! by Sephora is a beauty subscription service that features a curation of five deluxe samples plus a bonus fragrance in a collectible bag. The monthly cost is $10.00 + tax. Each box also includes a Play! Pass that you can use to receive 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any in-store purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts