Wednesday Weekends Wind-Up: Cold Days Inside

It's been a quiet past couple of weekends.  The highlight of two weekends ago was finally making it to Maplewood Kitchen and Bar.  After reading many, many good things about this place, we finally made our way over for Saturday brunch. I had the Whipped Goat Cheese and Ricotta Toast, which features cherry tomato, pickled red onion, radish, micro basil, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil. I also had a side of the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, which were flipping delicious. They had a slight crust and a thickness to them that was akin to biting into a fresh donut. My husband had the Avocado Benedict - I had forewarned him to expect a lighter take on the traditional Eggs Benedict, and he was completely pleased with this dish.  We had also picked up a Cornflake Cookie when we were ordering.  
Maplewood Kitchen and Bar
But mostly my weekends have evolved into avoiding leaving the house if at all possible.  These guys are perfectly okay with that.
Amazingly, we've avoided turning on our heat until just this past Thursday.  We've mostly gotten by with just running the fireplace. But the temperature inside the house dipped under 60 degrees, and we got our first flurries outside, so we decided it was time.  Yesterday we got what I would count as the first 'real' snow of the season. It alternated between fat, wet snowflakes and icy rain, and we had a little bit of accumulation - I lucked out and Francisco drove me into work since he was going to get new tires.
I met a few co-workers for Mexican food and margaritas last Friday, but that was the extent of venturing out for the weekend.  Luckily, Francisco is willing to make food runs while I watch Vlogmas lol, so we had pizza from Red Rose, Insomnia Cookies, Francisco made waffles, and we ended Sunday with delivery from Swad Indian Restaurant.
I also replicated a nail design I had done a few years ago!
We had our Associate Holiday Lunch at work last week and our Associate Holiday Breakfast yesterday. So, they may not be the most tasty looking meals - it is hospital food after all, lol! - but they were pretty tasty.  

Comments

Popular Posts