March 2017 Play! by Sephora Review

March 2017 Play! by Sephora Review
The theme for this month was centered on 'The Gleam Team', featuring products that allow you to glow your own way. I'm not a huge fan of highlighting products, so I wasn't exactly thrilled for this announcement.
GlamGlow GlowStarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer, $6.92 [$49.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.24 oz]
This luminizing moisturizer smells absolutely delicious, kind of like an orange creamsicle. I found the best way to apply was mixed with a little SPF and a Vitamin E serum to diffuse its illuminating properties a bit.  Otherwise, I found that my skin was definitely obnoxiously shiny by the end of the day.
GlamGlow GlowStarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer
Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up Cream-to-Powder Highlighter, $7.27 [$30.00 for 0.33 oz; sample size: 0.08 oz]
This is my first time trying a highlighter in this format. Previously, I've tried a liquid highlighter and a powder, so I can see the appeal of this compact swipe-on version. I still don't love highlighter on my skin type, so I'm definitely trying to stick to the "little goes a long way" approach.
Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up Cream-to-Powder Highlighter
Josie Maran Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm, $7.20 [$36.00 for 0.5 oz; sample size: 0.1 oz]
There wasn't a lot of product that came in this little jar. It has a strong argan smell, and I didn't love the texture. It's thick and it takes a while to absorb. I applied with a damp make-up sponge to my cheek bones, but it seemed to just remove my foundation and leave my make-up splotchy.  I applied it to my arms for a slight ethereal effect over the weekend, and I think I will finish the jar up this way.
Josie Maran Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original, $3.64 [$20.00 for 0.33 oz; sample size: 0.06 oz]
This is a long-time favorite of mine, and is, in fact, what I'm already using.  It is great to provide a crease-free base for my eye shadow.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original
Verb Ghost Oil, $3.99 [$14.00 for 2 oz; sample size: 0.57 oz]
I was really enjoying this light, fragrant hair oil that seemed to leave my hair noticeably softer...and then there was a series of unfortunate events involving a late night fumbling on the bathroom counter for my chapstick and an inadvertent knocking over of this open bottle of oil. In the morning, I was like hmm, how in the world did my counter get so wet? OMG, this is oil. I scooped as much as I could off the counter and back into the bottle, but it was decidedly dustier than when it started. Fortunately, all of the dust seems to have settled at the bottom, so I still plan to use it as much as possible.
Verb Ghost Oil
Atelier Cologne Clementine California, $? [$130.00 for 3.3 oz]
Overall, I've been a fan of the Atelier fragrances. This was a long-lasting citrusy fragrance that can be worn by both men and women. When I first had my husband smell it, he thought it seemed more masculine, but I was totally into it for myself.
Atelier Cologne Clementine California
Total Value: >$29.02

Details: Play! by Sephora is a beauty subscription service that features a curation of five deluxe samples plus a bonus fragrance in a collectible bag. The monthly cost is $10.00 + tax. Each box also includes a Play! Pass that you can use to receive 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any in-store purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts