April 2014 Glossybox Review

April 2014 Glossybox Review
Glossybox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with five deluxe-sized beauty products.  The box itself retails for $21 per month, but you can subscribe to a plan that bills you every three, six, or twelve months, which brings the monthly cost down to $20, $19.17, or $18.33, respectively.  They provide the best presentation I have seen in a monthly box with high-quality brands bundled in a a gorgeous, high-quality pink box, complete with a pretty pink ribbon! If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please let me know and I will send you a personal invitation.
Glossybox has been on my wish list for a while now, so I finally decided to try them out and purchase a three-month subscription. I was a bit taken aback by how long it actually took to receive my box though. I didn't receive my April box until May, and the same was true for long-time Glossybox subscribers. I do love the detailed presentation and product card though.
April 2014 Glossybox Review
LA SPLASH COSMETICS (Eyeshadow Sealer/Base), Sample Value: $9.00 [Full-size]
This product really seemed to get mixed reviews, but I found that its success really just depended on how you used it. And if you used it right, it worked really well! You apply a light coat on your eyelid using only the product on the wand, then dab and blend your glitter or shimmer eyeshadow onto the eye area while your eyelid is still wet. It's a bit sticky after application, but it really helped to intensify eyeshadow color and led to little to no creasing later in the day. I tried using it on just one eye, and there was definitely a huge difference at the end of the day. Even my husband could tell! Application is a bit trickier if your base is mostly dry, and some eyeshadows would get streaky.  
LA SPLASH COSMETICS (Eyeshadow Sealer/Base)
Aqua Spa Relax Body Creme, $1.66 [$9.99 for 12 oz; sample size: 2 oz]
This thick body lotion had a Lavender + Chamomile scent. Generally not a preferred scent of mine, but it wasn't terribly overwhelming.
Aqua Spa Relax Body Creme
Ciate London Paint Pot, $15.00 [Full-size]
Admittedly, I saw a spoiler for this that ultimately enticed me to finally subscribe to this box...but alas, I ended up receiving a color I'm not terribly fond of. While I don't love the orange, the bottle itself is really cute, and this polish has a really smooth and easy application.
Ciate London Paint Pot Skinny Dip
Caldrea Body Wash, $1.57 [$18.00 for 11.5 oz; sample size: 1 oz]
I received the Tea Olive Lime fragrance, which had a very fresh scent that I think was fairly gender neutral. It formed a light lather and left me feeling clean. I've heard good things about the Caldrea brand.
Caldrea Body Wash Tea Olive Lime
Bellapierre Cosmetics Vanilla Pink SUPER Lip Gloss, $24.50 [Full-size]
This lip gloss applied really smoothly. It has almost a really light coconut smell. It wasn't sticky at all, and application was super-easy.  The color wasn't my favorite, but it was still very wearable.
Bellapierre Cosmetics Vanilla Pink SUPER Lip Gloss
Total Value: $51.73
This was my first Glossybox, and I really enjoyed it overall! Beautiful presentation (which goes a long way in my book) and an assortment of good brands.  If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please let me know and I will send you a personal invitation.

Comments

Popular Posts