Tomoson SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
My husband has definitely assumed the role of 'house chef' for our family, so I put him to use in testing out the SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer. This is a stainless steel vegetable spiralizer that comes with a bonus brush for easy cleaning. It features special, sturdy Japanese blades made of stainless steel to create endless julienne strips.  It is dishwasher-safe, easy and quick to operate, and small enough to fit in a kitchen drawer.

Unfortunately, my husband did not have anything pleasant to say about this product after he gave it a try. The slicer was of extremely limited use with a small cutting area. The blades are not sharp enough, and when the contraption was used to slice a carrot, we ended up with bits of carrot instead of the advertised vegetable strings.  In his opinion, he wouldn't waste the shelf space for it.

We are in the process of moving, so we probably won't have time to test this again in the near future, but I have seen that other people have had better luck when using vegetables like potatoes or zucchinis, so it may just be that a carrot is a bit too firm for this tool to handle.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

Popular Posts