May 2014 Beauty Bar Sample Society

Sample Society is a beauty subscription box that includes five deluxe-sized samples from the world's best luxury brands. For $15.00 monthly, you will be able to sample these deluxe brands and you will likely find that the value of the products received is twice what you paid (or more!). You will also receive $15 to redeem on a $50 purchase when any product from this month's sampled brands is included. If you are thinking of trying out Sample Society, please use this unique code, RXCK109088, at the Beauty Bar website, which will give me referral credit. 
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream-Natural Glow, Sample Value: $3.90 [$39.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.17 oz]
I am nearly certain that I've tried this product before. I thought it had been featured in a previous subscription box, but I don't have it noted in my blog anywhere. To sum it up, I don't like it. It smells weird, kind of like carrot juice. It's a pale color and provides light coverage. It does have a really smooth finish, so it's really easy to layer other products over it.  
Dermalogica Age Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 30, $13.00 [$65.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.34 oz]
This lotion had an almost lavendery smell. It was slightly tacky immediately after application, but it dries to a fairly matte finish.  
Freeze 24-7 Anti-Aging Eye Serum, $57.50 [115.00 for 0.5 oz; sample size: .25 oz]
So, can you believe the high value of this sample? I did a double-take, but it seems to check out. Anti-aging eye products can get pretty pricey.  This product had fairly good reviews overall. This white serum had no fragrance. It applies fairly easily, but if you don't pat it in thoroughly, it can leave a bit of a residue. Because of the strength of the ingredients in anti-aging products, they can sometimes irritate your skin and cause minor burns. I did experience some skin irritation, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.
Sonya Dakar NutraSphere Flash Facial, $39.60 [$99 for 1 oz; sample size: 0.4 oz]
Wow, this is another value that I'm a bit stunned by.  This was a fairly interesting product. It had a strong, alcohol smell that can definitely be overwhelming. You apply a light layer of this viscous gel to your face, let it dry for about a minute, then rub it off. You will see a good deal of flaking as you rub your skin. My skin definitely felt smoother after use.
Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel, $6.76 [$23.00 for 8.5 oz; sample size: 2.5 oz]
This liquidy hair serum works into hair easily. It has a light fragrance, and it left my hair slightly crunchy when it dried. I usually just air-dry, so you might have different results if you blow-dry. It's a fairly light hold - I still needed to add hair gel to get my desired hold. I also needed to add hair oil sometimes if I still had some frizz after applying the Ouidad gel.  
Total Value: ~$120.76
Holy cow, that's a tremendous value!  

Please remember to use this unique code, RXCK109088, at the Beauty Bar website if you decide to give 'em a try. I'd say they're definitely worth checking out for a small, luxurious indulgence!

Comments

Popular Posts