August 2015 Glossybox Review

Glossybox forgot one of my items, so I emailed customer service, and they promptly shipped out the eyeliner.
Glamglow YouthCleanse Daily Clearing Cleanser, $7.80 [$39.00 for 5 oz; sample size: 1 oz]
I liked this cleanser. It's designed to transform from a mud into a gentle lather to exfoliate and cleanse skin.  It takes a little more time than a regular cleanser, but my skin feels good after using it.
Lollipops Makeup Lip Balm, $5.50 [Full-size]
This lip balm was less sticky than a normal lip gloss but still sticky enough for my hair to get stuck to it. It didn't feel like a lot of product came in the tube and seemed to be mostly used up over just a week or two of use.
Pop Beauty Kajal Pen in Sooty Black, $10.00 [Full-size]
This eyeliner applies easily enough, but for me it really lacked staying power. It was mostly worn away by the end of the day. It is pretty blendable, so I can see how it would be good for a smoky eye look, so I will have to try that.
Sparitual Nail Lacquer, $12.00 [Full-size]
I received the color Arroyo, a sandy matte shimmer. It's kind of a dusky purple color that I might have swatched for you, but my cuticles are a hot mess cuz' I've kind of neglected my hands all summer.  Application was good. One coat might suffice, but I used two for even coverage.
Manna Kadar Cosmetics Lash Primer, $24.00 [Full-size]
I've been wanting an eyelash primer for a while now, so thank goodness! This says it can be used both at night to condition lashes as well as under mascara as a primer to make sure your look lasts through the whole day.

Total Value: $59.30
If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please sign up using this link.

Details: Glossybox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five deluxe-sized beauty products.  The box itself retails for $21 per month, but you can subscribe to a plan that bills you every three, six, or twelve months, which brings the monthly cost down to $20, $19.17, or $18.33, respectively.  They provide the best presentation I have seen in a monthly subscription service with high-quality brands bundled in a a sturdy box! 

Comments

Popular Posts