January 2016 Birchbox Review

January 2016 Birchbox Review
2016: The start of a brand new year! I was so ready to tear into my January Birchbox. This year has not started out so great, but it's nice to look forward to a little treat each month.
January 2016 Birchbox Review
amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo, $3.11 [$22.00 for 5.3 oz; sample size: 0.75 oz]
This dry shampoo smells really good. I tried it on third day hair, and I would say that it performed better than other products that I've tried.
amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner, $16.00 [Full-size]
So, I was kind of disappointed - but only because I had been holding out hope that a liquid eyeliner would finally show up in one of my subscription boxes, but I had pretty much given up and just requested one for Christmas. ;-) This eyeliner applied smoothly, and it really lasted all day without smudging.  It kind of looks like a marker, and it is designed to give a thicker line. Since it is a bit thicker, you may need to be a little more careful with application.
Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner
IPKN Flash Cream Radiant Primer, $4.98 [$28.00 for 1.35 oz; sample size: 0.24 oz]
This primer has a slight shimmer to it and a light, fresh scent. It may not be the best for oily skin, but it can be good for the chilly winter weather and a setting powder on top will help balance excess shine.
IPKN Flash Cream Radiant Primer
Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel, $4.80 [$48.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.17 oz]
So, I'm kind of disappointed in that I received this sample in my June box, and I wasn't terribly impressed with it then.   That said, application (and removal) seemed easier this time around. The first time I used it, the product seemed to pill up and get stuck to the tiny hairs on my face, but I didn't seem to have this issue this time around.  I did use it exclusively in the shower this time, so that might have made washing the product off a little easier.
Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel
Whish Three Whishes Body Butter - Lavender, $3.52 [$24.00 for 150 ml; sample size: 22 ml]
I wasn't too impressed with this lotion. It smells less like lavender and more like Barbasol shave cream to me.  It takes a little while to fully absorb.
Whish Three Whishes Body Butter - Lavender
Total Value: $32.41
2016: The year of ???...I'm still undecided.  If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, please sign up using this link.

Details: Birchbox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five beauty products.  The box retails for $10 per month, and you can earn points by posting reviews of the products you received that you can use on future purchases.  

Comments

Popular Posts