June 2015 Birchbox Review

I don't know how it's even possible, but Birchbox came out with an even cuter design for the June box. And ohmigosh, the theme couldn't be any more perfect for me. Adventure is a State of Mind - it's about exploring the unknown, adventures big and small!
Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Micro Water, $2.67 [$32.00 for 8.4 oz; sample size: 0.7 oz]
This is an okay make-up remover, although a bit hard for mascara. It seems like it would take a decent amount of micro water if you are wearing a full face of make-up.
Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner, $7.70 [$11.00 for 0.04 oz; sample size: 0.028 oz]
I received this eyeliner in the color mulberry. It applied smoothly, but there was little color pay-off. Without primer, the eyeliner had mostly worn off within a few hours.
Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel, $4.80 [$48.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.17]
I found this product much more annoying to use than anywhere near useful. As you rub it on your skin, it balls up and those little balls tend to cling to any fine facial hairs...so prepare to spend several minutes picking tiny balls of product off your face. :-P
Temple Spa Good Hair Day Shampoo & In Good Condition Conditioner, $3.46 [$14.00 for 6.8 oz; sample sizes: 0.84 oz]
I appreciate that these came in a pair, but that is as far as my appreciation extends. The shampoo has an herbal smell, while the conditioner smells minty. It just kind of reminds me of mid-range hotel shampoo, and it left my hair feeling flat and lacking moisture.
Emi Jay Hair Tie, $2.60 [$13.00 for 5; sample: 1]
I received a light blue hair tie, and I wasn't terribly excited about it.
Total Value: $21.23
As you can tell, I wasn't exactly enamored with the selection featured in this month's box - in fact, I much preferred its packaging!  Check out Birchbox for yourself: HERE

Comments

Popular Posts