Wednesday Weekend Wind-Up: Library & Doorstop Desserts

Since we weren't able to make it to Maribelle's last weekend, Francisco all but insisted that we go there on Friday. Francisco LOVES this place, so it isn't the first time you've seen it on the blog - and it definitely won't be the last. They have weekly specials, so I'm glad that we're frequently able to try something new. For drinks, I had the Debutante, which was really tasty, and Francisco had the Red Sea.  We started with the English Pea & Ricotta (pic #2) below - this was super tasty. We shared the Fresh Pasta, which wasn't my favorite. But OMG, that dessert. I had the Fudge Brownie, which sounds deceptively simple, but the brownie was melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and that cashew butter cheesecake and brulee banana were amazing. Francisco had the Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler - this was good, but it seemed like something I would enjoy more in the fall.
Maribelle's
It was raining on the way home, and I caught sight of a huge rainbow as we pulled up to our complex. It was fading fast, but we could literally see from end-to-end, and there was the faintest double rainbow visible as well.
We ran into Panera Bread for a Caramel Latte and Cinnamon Crunch bagel on Saturday morning.
Panera Bread Caramel Latte Cinnamon Crunch bagel
Our next stop was the library to finally activate our library cards...I've been trying to encourage Francisco to check out the library's digital selection since this man is a beast when it comes to reading. He has a monthly allowance for books, and he blows through that every month, but that's still not nearly enough to keep him satiated. :-P
My digital card was about to expire, and I wanted to check out their travel guide selection while I was there.
We had some returns and a Target run to take care of, and then we headed to Kentucky for lunch at Bourbon House Pizza (I hope to have a full review of this restaurant posted soon.)
Bourbon House Pizza
For some reason, there are some [chain] restaurants around here that you will only find in Kentucky - Fazoli's and Cold Stone Creamery being my 2 prime examples. I had a feeling there would be a Cold Stone not too far away, and lo and behold, I got my Mud Pie Mojo [minus the almonds + extra Oreos] to go.
Cold Stone Creamery Mud Pie Mojo
We rented The Forest, hung our new curtains - too light, will be returning - and let Colby out on the deck. He freaking loved hanging out out there and watching all the birds. We're still a little paranoid that he'll jump down, but it makes me happy to see him happy.
Even though we were pretty full at this point, we made this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake from Doorstop Desserts. I received a coupon in my last GLOSSYBOX for 1/2 off the regular cost (so, $7.50 instead of $15.00), and we decided to give this subscription a try.  It was almost too easy. We expected there to be some degree of baking involved, but it was literally just assembly. It came with 2 small chocolate cakes, a container of fudge icing, and one of strawberry glaze. I wouldn't have minded some more icing, but it was okay for what it was.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake from Doorstop Desserts
On Sunday, we had our first meal out on the deck. Francisco had leftover pizza, and he made me a taco creation sealed with cheese [as all things should be].
Oh, why are weekends never long enough?!

Comments

Popular Posts