March 2016 Disposables

HAIR PRODUCTS
1. This Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Shampoo came in a bonus Sample Society box a while back. It didn't work for my hair type at all - it doesn't really lather, and it just didn't seem to do much for me.
2. A much appreciated product in my February Birchbox.
3 & 4. These were just Neutrogena shampoo and conditioner samples that came complimentary from the last hotel we stayed at.
5. I received another sample of this PARLOR hair conditioner that I had first received in my September 2015 Birchbox - definitely not a fave of mine.
6. Another dissatisfying conditioner from my last Birchbox - deep conditioner, my foot.  :P
MAKE-UP PRODUCTS
1. I have this lippie from my February GLOSSYBOX in my giveaway pile since I decided it was too dark for me to use.
2. This bronzer/highlighter came as a bonus with a Sheer Cover order. I found it to be too dark for my skin tone, and the shimmer wasn't very flattering on me.
3. This Bellapierre cheek & lip stain came in my March 2015 GLOSSYBOX. It was too cakey as a lip color, and I don't really like cream blushes.
4. This Borghese Brightening Make-up came in my November 2013 Sample Society box, and I don't think it worked well with my skin type. It made me look too shiny, even if I applied just the tiniest amount.
5. I received this eyeshadow in my last GLOSSYBOX, and I really liked the color...but it just didn't have great staying power, even over an eyeshadow primer. Maybe not the best for oily lids.
6. I think I got this Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment originally as a Sephora birthday reward, and I really liked it. It gives just a slight wash of color, which is great if you're not a huge lipstick wearer. I kept it at my desk at work for touch-ups throughout the day.
7. I can't recall where this tiny sample of MAC Zoom Lash mascara came from, but I've been using it on-and-off for the last month or so. It's okay, but not the best mascara I've tried.
8. My August 2013 ipsy bag introduced me to this NYX Desert Rose blush. It was darker than my normal blush, and it didn't blend in as easily as I would have liked.
9. Speaking of best mascara I've ever tried (see #7), that honor might just go to this Kevin Aucoin mascara that came in my May 2014 GLOSSYBOX.  This is the only mascara that has ever stood out to me, and I'm kind of sad to see it go.
BODY PRODUCTS
1. This was probably my least favorite sunscreen ever - it doesn't absorb well, and everything I touched would be left with chalky fingerprints. I'd been keeping it at work to apply before my lunchtime walks and at the end of the day before leaving, but I decided it was just time to toss it and use something better.
2. Small sample of Eucerin Smoothing Repair Dry Skin Lotion.
3. All that's left of my bar of LUSH soap.
4. Neutrogena lotion from our last hotel stay.
5. I first tried this Secret deodorant as part of a 2014 BzzAgent campaign, and I've already bought another one to replace it.
6. Oh, just another Bath & Body Works lotion.
FACE PRODUCTS
1. The Algenist Melting Cleanser was part of the Sephora Great Cleanse. It worked really well as a make-up remover in the evening, although I still definitely felt like a separate wash was necessary.
2. This Philosophy cleanser was also part of the Sephora collection.
3. I have always heard good things about Cetaphil Cleanser in that it is a very gentle but effective face wash.
4. The Cetaphil Lotion that accompanied the cleanser was kind of light on the moisturization - this might be a better summertime lotion.
5. I'm an infrequent but regular user of these pore strips - they leave my face red, but I'm always fascinated by how much gunk comes out of my pores.
6. Small sample of Olay Regenerist Luminous moisturizer.
7. This small sample of Chanel Le Lift creme had a bit too strong of a perfumed fragrance.
8. So, I didn't love these micellar water type make-up removers at first - like this one from my June 2015 Birchbox; however, I have found that they work well for eye make-up clean-up during application.
9. Simple Micellar Cleansing Water
10. Paula's Choice Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
11. Shiseido IBUKI Refining Moisturizer
12. Another product used up from this Sephora collection.  

FINAL RESULTS: 33 I bolded the items I will strongly consider re-purchasing in the future. If you know me, you know it is very rare for me to purposefully seek out the same product twice, so that says a lot!

Comments

Popular Posts