May 2016 Birchbox Review

May 2016 Birchbox Review
Sun protection was a focus of this month's Birchbox, and that is definitely something I can appreciate!
Cargo Blush and Bronzer Duo, $5.93 [$35.00 for 0.62 oz; sample size: 0.105 oz]
This duo came in a small tin, so it was a bit difficult to get a make-up brush in and keep the colors separate. The bronzer is a warm tan shade, and the blush is a classic pink. They both blended fairly easily. I intend to take this little compact with me on my next vacation since it is handy to have two products in one neat little container.
Cargo Blush and Bronzer Duo
CoTZ Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40, $2.40 [$20.00 for 1.5 oz; sample size: 0.18 oz]
I have so many notes about this little product, it's not even funny. I was so undecided as to whether I actually liked it or not. First of all, I would say that it doesn't necessarily provide enough coverage to replace foundation, but that depends on how much coverage you desire. My face felt slightly tacky after application, and I effectively ended up using it as a primer. I kind of liked how it made my skin look, but I wasn't sold on how it made my skin FEEL. It feels a little too heavy, and it didn't apply evenly to my neck, so it ended up looking somewhat splotchy.
CoTZ Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40
Kopari Coconut Crush Scrub, $7.00 [$28.00 for 6.8 oz; sample size: 1.7 oz]
This body scrub smelled more like frosting to me than coconuts. It kind of looks like wet sand. I mostly applied it in the shower, although the directions state to apply this dry and then rinse off. This is a little more difficult to do without making a mess. It did feel more effective this way though.
Kopari Coconut Crush Scrub
Obliphica Professional Seaberry Hair Serum (Fine to Medium), $8.77 [$38.00 for 65 ml; sample size: 15 ml]
This thick hair serum had a pleasant, fruity fragrance. It helped smooth my hair without weighing it down excessively.
Obliphica Professional Seaberry Hair Serum (Fine to Medium)
Supergoop! Sun Defying Sunscreen Oil with Meadowfoam SPF 50, $2.31 [$34.00 for 5 oz; sample size: 0.34 oz]
My favorite product in the box. This sunscreen spray had a light, citrusy scent, and it leaves a slight oily feeling behind. It absorbs easily, which makes it so much easier to apply than a typical white cream.
Supergoop! Sun Defying Sunscreen Oil with Meadowfoam SPF 50
Total Value: $26.41
If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, please sign up using this link.

Details: Birchbox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five beauty products.  The box retails for $10 per month, and you can earn points by posting reviews of the products you received that you can use on future purchases.  

Comments

Popular Posts