June 2016 GLOSSYBOX Review

June 2016 GLOSSYBOX Review
I received an email to get three months of GLOSSYBOX at a price of $15 each, and I decided that was too good of a deal to pass up.  The June box was designed to pay homage to Broadway's Tony Awards and provide all the essentials for prepping for your close-up.
June 2016 GLOSSYBOX Review
Icona Milano Emotion Allowed Mascara, $19.00 [Full-size]
This was not a star mascara in my book. It didn't really add a lot of volume, and it seemed to make my lashes clump together a bit oddly. I have definitely tried other mascaras I liked a lot more.
Icona Milano Emotion Allowed Mascara
SinfulColors Kylie Jenner Trend Matters Satin Collection, $3.00 [Full-size]
There were some rumbles about GLOSSYBOX including a "lower class" brand, and admittedly, I wasn't too thrilled to see a Sinful Colors polish in the box. But I applied it over the weekend, and I really liked it overall. I received the shade Kobalt from the Denim & Bling collection, which is a matte textured blue jean shade of polish. The formula was excellent, and it's stood up pretty well to four days of wear. I got a compliment on my nails from a random guy walking behind me as well as someone sitting beside me at a meeting, so that's a win!
SinfulColors Kylie Jenner Trend Matters Satin Collection Kobalt
LA Splash Lip Lacquer High Pigment Collection, $18.00 [Full-size]
One glance at this color, and I was like this is WAY too red for me, so I plan on giving it away.
LA Splash Lip Lacquer High Pigment Collection
TanTowel Half Body Classic, $5.40 [$27.00 for 10 towelettes; sample size: 2]
These self-tan towelettes were easy to use and they left a touch of color on my light skin. Application seemed pretty smooth; I didn't notice any streaks. They have a light self-tanner smell, but I'm used to the smell of Jergens Natural Glow, so it didn't bother me.
TanTowel Half Body Classic
Sebastian Professional Whipped Creme & Dark Oil, $4.41 [Creme: $20.00 for 5.3 oz; sample size: 0.9 oz/Oil: $48.00 for 95 ml; sample size: 2 ml]
This hair product dispenses like a mousse with a clean, fresh scent that I really liked. It also came with a bonus vial of hair oil that had a warm, amber fragrance to it. It was a thick oil that I generally applied to damp hair.
Sebastian Professional Whipped Creme & Dark Oil
Caolion Premium O2 Bubble & Cool Pore Pack Duo, ? [$31.00 for 1.8 oz]
There was enough product in each of these little packs for two uses, but you can't reseal them once they're opened. I used a rubber band to hold them closed, but you could tell that the air had definitely gotten to them by the time I went in for my second use. The Blackhead Bubble Pore Pack bubbled up quickly, and it felt lightly exfoliating. The Pore Original Pack provided a cooling sensation, and it left my eyes tearing up a bit. I wouldn't say that my pores looked any smaller after use, but I kind of think that this did help loosen up some of the gunk in my pores.
Caolion Premium O2 Bubble & Cool Pore Pack Duo
Total Value: >$49.81
If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please sign up using this link.

Details: Glossybox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five deluxe-sized beauty products.  The box itself retails for $21 per month.  They provide good presentation with high-quality brands bundled in a a sturdy box! 

Comments

Popular Posts