Wednesday Weekend Wind-Up: Nada

We blessedly had nothing planned for this weekend. After having family down for a few days one weekend and then a trip to Chicago the next, I was so looking forward to just having a super-chill weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love having guests and spending time with people I care about, but let's face it - as an introvert, you just need some dedicated time to recharge. The work week takes a lot out of you as it is!

We managed to get out of work a little early on Friday and headed downtown for a delicious dinner at Nada. Their menu had changed a bit since the last time we'd been there, which admittedly, was probably more than a year ago.  Between the two of us, we had three drinks - the Pink Grapefruit and a Blood Orange Fresh Fruit Margarita along with a Mexican Mule. They had a new "Fantesia de Guacamole" Tasting Trio, but there was really only one guac on the list I wanted to try, and luckily they were able to accommodate that with the goat cheese & pomegranate option.  The Fried Avocado Tacos were new to me as well, although I don't think I liked them as much as the Hongos.  Francisco couldn't stop raving about the Sweet Chili Glazed Nada Fries. We ended the meal with an order of Churros, which were melt-in-your-mouth delicious paired with some tasty dipping sauces.
Nada
We headed to Target, Macy's, and Kroger on Saturday with a goal of just getting errands done quickly, so we could be home already. Usually we would go out to lunch, but we decided to just make a quick version of avocado toast at home with sausage and halloumi.  We even had time for a game night afterwards!
I've been stalking this family of baby birds on our deck, but its been hard to get a good shot of them. Here's the papa finch trying to feed his babies.
On Sunday, we took down this wasp nest that was being built on our lower deck.
Francisco made breakfast, and my egg had a double-yolk. I can be sensitive about eggs, so this was enough to push me over the edge to refuse to eat this lol.
We got caught up on Big Brother and watched a movie and made pizza and still found ourselves wishing for another weekend day.  ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts