May/June 2016 Disposables

May/June 2016 Disposables
With our vacation beginning in May and extending into June, I decided to just combine two months into a single post. I'm not sure how my husband felt about me stuffing used samples into our luggage to carry around, but at least they didn't take up much weight!
HAIR PRODUCTS
1. This conditioner came in my June 2015 GLOSSYBOX. I've kind of used it as a bonus conditioner on days I do additional hair treatments.
2. I don't recall where I picked up this little bottle of pequi hair oil. It's been in my travel bag for years probably! It's one I've always been so-so on, so I'm glad to see it finally used up.
3. I was excited to try this Lemon Rinse hair treatment after receiving it in my January 2016 GLOSSYBOX, but I think I'll keep searching for a different clarifying treatment.  
4 & 5. John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner samples that have also been in my travel bag for a while. I didn't really notice any hair lightening effects.
6 & 7. I found the texture of the Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo to be a bit off, so I wasn't a fan of this duo.
BODY PRODUCTS
1. I received this Vaseline body lotion as part of an Influenster campaign. It was definitely thick and nourishing, and Francisco ended up finishing off this bottle after he started having issues with dry skin.
2. Fleur d'Or & Acacia Shower Gel from Francisco for Christmas. I found the bottle difficult to work with - it was very hard to squeeze to dispense the product.
3.  Bath & Body Works Forever Red Vanilla Rum Body Lotion.
4. My favorite body lotion from L'Occitane.
FACE PRODUCTS
1. The Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum had an orange tint, and it smelled like olive oil. It smoothed on really easily and felt nourishing.
2. L'Occitane Divine Eyes
3. Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar
4. This h2O face lotion sample was from my June 2014 Beauty Bar Sample Society box.
5. Face product from my May 2016 Birchbox.
6. L'Oreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal
7. I was kind of a fan of this Charlotte Tilbury white clay mask. It had a bit of an odd smell, but my skin seemed to look better after use.
8. This Ren face product came in my March 2016 Birchbox. It kind of made my skin feel a little weird after use.
9. This was a face serum I received as part of a Brandbacker campaign.  
10. Olay cream
11. Another Olay cream
12. Face cleansing oil from Sephora's The Great Cleanse.
13. Glamglow cleanser from my August 2015 GLOSSYBOX.
14. I kept this Oil Blotting Paper in my purse, so you can see how worn the packaging ended up.
15. I used up these facial wipes over vacation; they were originally from my July 2015 PopSugar Must Have Box,
16 & 17. Origins Maskimizer and Drink Up from the May Play! by Sephora box.
18. This Seventh Generation Refreshing Facial Wipe was completely dried out by the time I tried it.
19.  I used this sample of L'Oreal RevitaLift Triple Power Lotion while on vacation.
20. This Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Serum had a slightly chemically fragrance, but it smoothed on very easily.
21. Philosophy Purity Made Simple face wash from Sephora's The Great Cleanse.
22. This exfoliator came in my March 2015 Birchbox.
MAKE-UP PRODUCTS
1. I used to have this eye shadow palette in purple, and I really liked it. This Studio Secrets Professional One Sweep smoky palette was white, gray, and black, but I found the colors to be a bit muted. I also tended to apply them individually instead of in a single sweep as intended. It completely fell apart on the return flight from London, covering everything else in my make-up bag with gray soot.
2. Sample of Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation
3. This Pop lip crayon came in my July 2013 ipsy bag - I know; super old, right?! It was kind of a coral tangerine color that was really in style like 2 summers ago, but I've decided that I don't really find it flattering on me.
4. I've had to learn that these bold shades of red lippies don't do me any favors, so I'll be passing on this NYX Liquid Suede.
5. Primer from my January 2016 GLOSSYBOX - not great for oily skin.
6. I wasn't very impressed with this sample of Lancome Dual Finish powder.
7. I bought this MAC foundation from Nordstrom. As it was running low, I tried a couple of other brands that should have been suited for oily skin, but I liked this one so much better.
8. The Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer gets hyped a lot on Youtube, so I decided to give it a try. It's not bad - I actually repurchased this in a slightly darker shade, so I guess I liked it enough.
9. I picked up the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to replace my BeautyBlender, but I definitely found this less effective.
10. LOL, I just realized that I used up 2 samples of this Cotz tinted sunscreen - one is above in the Face Products picture.
11. The Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm was a somewhat drying lip product that came in my April 2014 ipsy bag.
12. I received this lip balm in my July 2014 GLOSSYBOX, and I kept this in the living room for touch-ups.
13. Sheer Cover primer
14. I definitely found this Josie Maran Argan Oil Foundation Fluid to not be a good complement for my skin type.
15. I tried the Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation from Sephora, but I just found that it didn't blend into my skin very well, so I returned it.
16. The Poreless Priming Perfector was also a bust. It was really hard to apply foundation over this, so I returned it as well.  
FRAGRANCE & NAIL PRODUCTS
1. I was a big fan of this Aerin fragrance from the April 2015 GLOSSYBOX.
2. This Sinful Colors polish used to be my go-to toenail shade for the summer, but the formula has started to go, and it seems to be leaking out of the bottle a little bit.
3. This Sally Hansen nail polish just looks ancient, and the formula is separating.

FINAL RESULTS: 52! Even if you average that out over two months, that's 26 in each month, so not bad at all!

Comments

Popular Posts