$200 Spring 2017 Sephora VIB Haul

And there it is. My $200 Sephora VIB haul. $224.65 to be exact. I know what you're thinking. There's three things here. A) That's not really a haul, and B) how in the heck did just three things from Sephora cost over $200?!

The immediate answer is that big blue thing in the photo. The Foreo Luna 2 regularly costs $199.00. I had tried a Foreo LUNA Play last summer. This is a much smaller version of the full-size that isn't rechargeable. Overall, I liked the results of using it, so I've had my sights set on getting a full-sized one for a while. But that's a hefty price tag. I made a deal with myself to hold off until the VIB sale and purchase it at a discount then. Talk about delayed gratification! Well, I have heard that to curb impulse buying, you should walk away from whatever item you're considering in the store and see if you still think about it tomorrow and are willing to go back and get it. Waiting months to get something seems to answer the question as to whether you REALLY want it.
Foreo Luna 2
I thought about it a lot, and marked my calendar for when the sale was supposed to start. I bought the one for Combination Skin. I've always considered my skin oily, but honestly, it's been more on the dry side lately. I don't know how much of that is the Kat Von D foundation I've been using, or just a change in my skin type. Anyways, I figured Combo was the safest bet.

The Anastasia DipBrow Pomade is a product I've heard nothing but good things about.  I got the color Taupe, which was still darker than I expected, but I think it should work out.
Anastasia DipBrow Pomade
Finally, I picked up the Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Sunscreen SPF 45 to reapply sunscreen throughout the day.  I'm keeping it at work, so I can use it at lunch when I go outside for my walk and at the end of the day before I head to my car. I wanted an easy-to-apply sunscreen for extra protection, and I really didn't want to deal with trying to apply a liquid sunscreen to my face.
Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral Sunscreen SPF 45
Of course, the best part about every purchase from Sephora is that it comes with a generous return policy. So, I have some time to give these products a try and see if they were worth the price tag.

What is the Sephora VIB Sale?  To take advantage of the VIB Sale, you first need to qualify for the VIB (Very Important Beauty Insider) Club, which requires a $350 annual spend.  One of the benefits includes these seasonal promotions - I believe you save an additional 15% in the spring and 20% in the fall. Since Sephora rarely has sales, this is definitely a promotion that beauty insiders jump to take advantage of.  

Comments

Popular Posts