Taste of Cincinnati 2017

Taste of Cincinnati 2017
We missed out on last year's Taste of Cincinnati, but I was definitely excited to go this year. Surprisingly, I've been taking more videos than pictures lately, so I didn't actually get a picture of the first food items we enjoyed...but let me tell you, I was super-excited to see Vegan Chicken from Joella's Hot Chicken!
Joella's Hot Chicken
We also ordered the Nutella Poppers and the Parm Garlic Fries - which was our downfall since the Vegan Chicken came with a side of fries already, so we had a LOT of fries. Not a strong start as there was still a lot of food we were hoping to check out!

We got there shortly after it started at 11 AM. It wasn't too crowded at first, but things definitely picked up not too long after.
I'm not sure if this was here last year, but the Taste of Findlay Market was definitely new to me.  This area exclusively featured food vendors from Findlay Market.
Taste of Findlay Market
We got an arepa from The Arepa Place, and it was super-tasty. It was our favorite food of the whole event!  
The Arepa Place
Next, we had the Yaca Taco from Rivertown Brewery & Barrel House. This was our first time trying jackfruit.  We didn't especially love it, but it was still interesting to try nonetheless.
Yaca Taco from Rivertown Brewery & Barrel House
Our last item was Chocolate Peanut Butter Mascarpone Cheesecake from Alfio's Buon Cibo. I double-checked; we've gotten dessert from Alfio's every year we've gone. You can read about our previous visits to the Taste here: 2015 and 2014.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mascarpone Cheesecake from Alfio's Buon Cibo
Oh, and course I hit up all the freebie booths, too! [FYI, you can literally come to the Taste and make basically a whole free meal out of all the freebies there.]
I definitely regret eating so much in the beginning. I always have my eye out for trying new foods/restaurants at these events, and I definitely fulfilled that mission. I loved the Taste of Findlay Market section, and I hope they keep that around for years to come. It appears that they've done away with The Taste Experience section, which had featured foods from more higher-end establishments in the past. I was disappointed not to see that that this year. This is probably my fave event in the city - you know me and food lol!

Comments

Popular Posts