May 2017 Play! by Sephora Review

May 2017 Play! by Sephora Review
My Sephora box didn't arrive until May 20th, which I feel is even later in the month than usual. It came packaged in an envelope-style plastic bag. While cute, this did lead to some of the products having red stains on them.
May 2017 Play! by Sephora Review
NudeStix Magnetic Matte Lip Color in Greystone, $21.12? [$24.00 for 0.10 oz?; sample size: 0.088 oz (I'm guessing at the value of the full-size product based on this link.)
I did not even try this lippie. I looked up reviews and saw quite a few comments that it was a color better suited for darker skin tones. Obviously, that's completely opposite of me. :P
NudeStix Magnetic Matte Lip Color in Greystone
Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil, $4.71 [$48.00 for 5.1 oz; sample size: 0.5 oz]
This cleansing oil had a super-light, slightly sweet fragrance.  It worked decently well to remove make-up, and I always followed up with another cleanser after using.
Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
Belif Hungarian Water Essence, $5.48 [$42.00 for 2.53 oz; sample size: 0.33 oz]
This was a very slightly milky serum with the slightest herbal fragrance. It's supposed to be ultra-hydrating, and my skin definitely seems more parched than usual lately, so I'm sure it appreciates the nourishment.
Belif Hungarian Water Essence

Trestique Highlight + Perfect Multipurpose Stick in Maldives Luminescent, $? [$34.00 for 0.21 oz]
I've received a Trestique item before, and I wasn't the biggest fan. I didn't know Sephora now carried this brand. Mine arrived a little broken. In general, I don't love using highlighters, but this was a nice, light highlighter and it didn't look glittery on the skin.
Trestique Highlight + Perfect Multipurpose Stick in Maldives Luminescent
Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask, $6.16 [$58.00 for 7 oz; sample size: 22 ml]
I'm really not sure how I would describe the fragrance on this hair conditioner. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. Overall, I thought it was just an okay hair product. It didn't seem especially nourishing.
Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask
Tocca Stella, $? [$72.00 for 1.7 oz]
I really liked this fragrance. It was a citrusy floral, and it was super long-lasting - I could still smell it at the end of a work day!
Tocca Stella
Total Value: ~>$37.47

Details: Play! by Sephora is a beauty subscription service that features a curation of five deluxe samples plus a bonus fragrance in a collectible bag. The monthly cost is $10.00 + tax. Each box also includes a Play! Pass that you can use to receive 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any in-store purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts