May 2017 Disposables

FACE PRODUCTS
1. Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum
2. Kate Somerville EradiKate To-Go Acne Treatment
3. L'Occitane Divine Cream
4. Francisco got me the Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Christmas last year. Clumsy me ended up dropping it in the bathroom sink, and it cracked and started leaking all over the place. I relocated what was left into a different container. Honestly, in the future, I will probably just use coconut oil to remove my make-up.
5. Biossance Revitalizer Drops from the September 2015 GLOSSYBOX.
6. Restorsea Eye Cream from the September 2014 Sample Society box.
7. I received a sample pack of 4 different shades of Milk Make-up Sunshine Skin Tint. This was the darkest shade and definitely not for me.
8. I had heard good things about the Kat Von D Lock-it Foundation. It was supposed to be great for oily skin, so I picked up the Light 44 Cool shade. Then my skin apparently decided to stop being oily. No, that's not true; I think I just realized that I probably actually have Combination skin. In either case, I found this foundation to be wayyyy too drying. It's think and hard to blend, and it tended to break up on my face around the chin area. I thought maybe it would be better once summer actually got here, and my skin returned to its oily ways, but that didn't seem to be the case. I ended up returning it to Sephora. I wasn't even sure if I would still be in the return window, but it ended up working out. Gotta love Sephora's return policy!
MAKE-UP PRODUCTS
1. I finally got rid of this Trifle lip stick from the August 2016 GLOSSYBOX. I never loved the color, and once my husband confirmed that he wasn't a huge fan either - and he's like the world's least picky person - I gladly will be getting rid of it.
2. I had received this Loreal Colour Riche Le Gloss free in the mail some time ago. I used it up at work.
3. This BRIGHT pink shade of Bite Beauty lipstick came in the May 2016 Sephora box. Again, I ran this color by my husband, and he gave the veto.
4. Lippie from last month's Sephora Play box.
FRAGRANCES
1-3. Fragrances from a product evaluation survey.
NAIL PRODUCTS
1. My Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat by Butter London had entered its getting too goopy to work with stage. I probably used it past its prime.
2. I feel like I might have won this sparkly gold shade from SweetHeartPolish at some point, but I can't remember for sure. It's gotten too dried up to use.
3. I liked this shade of Candie's nail polish, but it dried up.
4. This is actually an e.l.f. Concealer Brush that I use for clean-up around my cuticles. I'd had it for a while, and it's a bit larger than would be ideal, so I decided it was time to trade it out for...
5.  this brush that came with the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner. It was working quite well and then a bunch of bristles came out, probably loosened by the nail polish remover. So, I went back to Target and bought another e.l.f. brush for $1 identical to the one I just got rid of (#4).
BODY PRODUCTS
1. I didn't find the Peter Thomas Roth Blemish Buffing Beads body wash to be particularly effective.
2. I used the rest of this Banana Boat Sport Performance Cool Zone SPF spray at work.  This did prompt a visitor to my office to ask "you use sunscreen at work?" to which I should've responded "you don't?" But I explained I kept it at my desk to apply before going outside at lunchtime and before walking back to my car at the end of the day. I find that I prefer the spray sunscreens over the lotions. They absorb easier and you don't leave chalky white marks everywhere. I've read that sprays aren't as effective though, mostly because people aren't applying as much as they think they are. The spray can disperse over a wider area and you can even inhale some of it. A better method to apply might be to spray into your hands and then rub into the desired location. Anyways, I could definitely see me picking up another spray sunscreen to keep at work for easy application.
3. I've never really found a deodorant that I absolutely love, and this Secret Paris Romantic Rose Clear Gel antiperspirant/deodorant is no exception.
4. This was another very floral L'Occitane hand cream.

FINAL RESULTS: 24

Comments

Popular Posts