Food & Fun with my Favorite Brother

My weekend did not start off with great news; I came home to a little piece of paper taped to my apartment door saying that my water would be turned off from 9 to 4 on Saturday. My little brother was coming down Saturday, and I was worried this could be a huge inconvenience. 

Luckily, they ended up not needing to turn it off at all - unless they did it during the two intervals of time when we went out for food.

We haven't had Papa Murphy's in a while, so we ended up trying their Stuffed Pizza on Friday.  This pizza was heavy - I ended up weighing it, and it came in at almost 4.5 pounds.  

My brother got to town around noon, so we ran out for a quick lunch then came home and decided to try the Cake Pop Maker he got us for Christmas.
 Of course this came out of the oven looking like this:
 But that's okay - they were easy to clean up; then you cover them in frosting anyway so as long as they taste good, that's all that matters.  :)  We used Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake Mix; I was browsing at Meijer not really sure what cake mix I would be able to find that didn't have trans fat (as it seems like nearly all of them do!), and I was pleased to find that this one didn't. Honestly, this was only one of two I was able to find that I would have deemed safe to purchase!

I didn't actually take a picture of the finished product - I guess we were too busy eating, haha!

We played some of the games we got over Christmas - even Zharo, my adorable cat tried to play, but he just couldn't quite grasp the rules. 

I was persuaded into playing Munchkin, which didn't seem like my kind of game at all. I think my two game buddies knew that a strong drink or two would tip things in their favor. ;-)
But it all worked out fine cuz' I won!!
We had brunch at Maza before my brother headed home, and he confirmed once again that he will never take a decent picture. But it's okay - I still love him!



Comments

Popular Posts