BzzAgent Green Giant Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips with Zesty Cheddar

 

A few days ago, a box of chips arrived at my door.  

BzzAgent sent me the new line of Green Giant chips to review free of charge. My box included two full-size bags - Green Giant Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips with Zesty Cheddar and Green Giant Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt. There were also several smaller bags of the Sea Salt variety.  

Since I'm a sucker for cheese, I dug into the Zesty Cheddar bag first. I scanned through the ingredient list and was dismayed to see that these vegetable chips contain trans fat!  Zero grams are listed on the nutrition facts, but reading the ingredient list, you will see that it actually contains partially hydrogenated soybean oil - which means that there is trans fat; it just falls under the mandated 0.5 gram minimum, so it doesn't have to be listed on the label.  That disappoints me for a chip that is trying to portray itself as a healthier snack.


Overall, the texture was good - perhaps a bit 'softer' and not as crisp as a regular tortilla chip. Good flavor without being overwhelming. 

Comments

Popular Posts