February 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly Glam Bag with about 5 deluxe samples or full-sized products. The Glam Bag costs $10 monthly, and I have gotten some great values with this subscription - we're talking a value of greater than five times the cost! Ipsy was created by Youtube sensation Michelle Phan to help women around the world discover beauty products, and the company works with a variety of beauty brands.  To help identify the best products for you, there is a quiz you can take at any time to personalize your bags. You can also provide feedback on the monthly products you receive to potentially shape what you receive in the future - and you'll get ipsyPoints to use in exchange for products. Additionally, all of the featured products have special deals for the month if you decide to purchase a full-sized product. Please use this referral link if you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy.
February 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag The Look of Love
The month of love brought a pink ipsy bag with lots of fun goodies to help you get The perfect Look of Love! The interior of the bag was a fun pink leopard print pattern.
POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini, Sample Value: $7.47 [$16.00 for 0.3 oz, sample size: .14 oz]
I received the Peony Petal shade, and I thought it was a good color for my skin tone. It wasn't as red as I thought it might be at first. The application was pretty good, and it provided a nice pop of color.  It has long wear similar to a lip stain, but with a nice glossy finish. As other ipsy subscribers have noted, this did have a rubbery smell to it when I first opened the gloss. It did subside fairly quickly though, and it wasn't a terribly strong scent.
POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini
Zoya Nail Polish, $9.00 [Full-size: 0.5 oz]
I received Odette, which was originally part of the Zoya Naturel Collection. It's described on the Zoya site as a "sultry orchid maroon cream".
Zoya Odette
The formula was fairly easy to work with, and I used 2-3 coats. This did chip a little quicker than I would have expected, so be diligent with your top coat!
Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner, $15.00 [Full-size: 0.04 oz]
I received Starlight, which was a shimmery silver color. This did provide long-lasting coverage with just slight smudging by the end of the day. There was some fall-out under my eye but nothing unusual.  It was a great complement to black eyeliner.
Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner
City Color Be Matte Blush, $2.99 [Full-size: 8.9 g]
I received the Fresh Melon shade, which really added a bright pop of pink to my cheeks.  Apply lightly for a subtle look or you can really build it up to something more dramatic.
City Color Be Matte Blush Fresh Melon
J.Cat Beauty Eyelashes + Eyelash Glue, $3.99 [Full-size]
I received EL213, and they look fun, but I failed miserably the last time I attempted to apply false eyelashes, so I am thinking I may just hold on to these for a gift. 
J.Cat Beauty Eyelashes + Eyelash Glue EL213

Total Value ~$38.45
Great value and some overall fun products! Are you interested in getting your own monthly Glam Bag?  Please use this referral link if you decide to check out Ipsy.

Comments

Popular Posts